Chapter 10

Meanwhile K.O. was running after T.K.O. "Okay, T.K.O. You win," he finally panted, reaching the bodega and putting his hands on his knees. But T.K.O. was nowhere to be seen. "T.K.O.?"  K.O. walked inside the bodega. "T.K.O., are you—"

Suddenly T.K.O. teleported in front of K.O. "Aah!" he exclaimed. "I told you no teleport—" But T.K.O. wasn't listening. He glanced behind him and ran out of the bodega. K.O. was surprised to see Rad and Enid following him outside, too focused on him to notice K.O. "Get back here, you little spammer!" Enid yelled.

"Uh-oh." K.O. followed them outside.

Enid was trying to land a hit on T.K.O., but he was dodging her fireballs easily. "Whoa! Hey! Cut it out!" T.K.O. shouted as he dodged fireballs.

"Not until you bring K.O. back, you little twerp!" Rad shouted back, catching T.K.O. in his tractor beam. T.K.O. growled at him and teleported his way out of the tractor beam. "What the huh?!" Rad exclaimed when T.K.O. appeared on the ground in front of them again.

"Wait! Stop!" K.O. shouted, running up to them. He stood between T.K.O., Rad, and Enid, facing his best friends.

"K.O.? What the heck?" Enid asked.

"Uh, I'm confused. If he's out, then how're you out, too?" Rad asked. With a jolt, K.O. realized he must've been too tired to remember he was supposed to tell Rad and Enid what he and Dendy did about T.K.O. 

"You didn't tell them?" T.K.O. asked.

"What do you expect when you're super tired after releasing your alter-ego from your head?" K.O. flashed back.

"Fair point," T.K.O. admitted. K.O. and T.K.O. explained what they had been doing for the past week and a half. Once they were finished, Enid and Rad looked astonished.

"Whoa, that's pretty amazing, homie," Rad finally said, looking shocked.

"Maybe, but I don't think you should trust him," Enid told K.O., with a hostile glance at T.K.O. 

"Hey, I'm standing right here!" T.K.O. protested.

"Then butt out, rabbit-ears," Enid flashed at him.

"Hmph. Takes one to know one," T.K.O. muttered, then walked away. Enid didn't seem to notice.

"I don't know if this is such a good idea, K.O.," Enid said, quieter in case T.K.O. was listening.

"What do you mean?" K.O. asked.

"That guy tried to destroy us and the plaza," Enid replied. "How do you know he won't do it again?"

"I made him promise he wouldn't," K.O. pointed out. 

"How do you know he'll keep his word?" Enid asked.

"So, what am I supposed to do? Just get him back inside my head and in another cage?" K.O. asked sarcastically. "I can't do that to him. Not again," K.O. said grimly. "No one deserves that."

"But—" Enid was cut off by a loud alarm. Lord Boxman was about to attack. 

"We'll settle this later," K.O. said, walking into the middle of the parking lot. Rad and Enid stood on his left, while, surprisingly, T.K.O. stood on his right. "Wait, you're helping?" K.O. asked in surprise.

"Are you kidding? I've been waiting to beat up some bolt-heads for days," T.K.O. replied confidently. After he spoke, a huge purple portal appeared in the sky. The classic BoxMore box fell out of the sky and landed with a thud on the ground. The box opened up to reveal Shannon and Darrell.

"Greetings, Lakewood Plaza losers!" Darrell cackled. "Now, prepare to be de—" Darrell stopped when he noticed T.K.O. standing next to K.O. "D-D-D..." he stammered.