Chapter 71 rewrite

It has been a week  and we have already made a plan. A plan so flawless I can't believe it exists. Our main objective right now is to get supplies from abandoned buildings and homes. We go on these runs every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. The other days we use for planning and relaxing (because we both know that once we get started we will have no time to relax). On Sundays we eat and talk and Warner puts on a classical record which fills the 3-roomed tower. But every morning is the same, we alternate beds and everyday my eyes fall shut surrounded by his loving arms pulling me close. I am not sure how we both fit on such a small bed, but this is the only way I can fall asleep now.

Today is Thursday which means we go out on runs today. I like these days best because we get to leave this stuffy tower for a real adventure. It feels like the adventures characters in books have that I used to read about. I've dreamed about these adventures, running away from the bad-guy, doing whatever you have to do in order to survive. Two people on the outskirts of society just trying to find themselves, but instead find each other. I've read about this a million times, but now I am living it. Now it's my turn to be in lo-

"Juliette." My train of thought has boarded and left the station without me and I realize I have been staring at the wall for at least 15 minutes while sipping my coffee.

"Yep," I attempt to recenter my unwilling focus.

"You seem a little distracted lately," a small smile creeps on his face and I feel myself gain one too.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," I lie playfully.

"Is that so?" A dangerous eyebrow raises curiously at me and I tilt my head knowing he does not believe me.

"You think I'm lying?"

"I think you have forgotten that I can feel your emotions, love. I also don't need them in this case, because you are a terrible liar." I smack his arm and he laughs and my silly little smirk won't leave my face.

"Juliette Ferrars, are you flirting with me." He seems falsely surprised and over emphasizes the word flirting.

"I certainly am not. By the way you aren't my type." I stand up to place my, now, empty coffee mug in the sink to rinse it and Warner follows me with a dramatic facade.

"Oh yeah and what is your type?" He leans against the sink, arms crossed, face in disbelief as I scrub out my cup.

"Well," I turn to him, "the only guys I'm into have black brightened eyes eyes, and should be at least a foot taller than me. Sadly you don't fit any of those characteristics." I set down the now clean cup and spin around and lean next to Warner, still propped against the counter.

"That's too bad, so I'm not attractive in your opinion at all?" He leans in closer and feel myself blushing at his close proximity.

"Nope sorry," I turn to leave but I feel two strong arms wrap around my waist and pull my back from behind.

"What are you doing Aaron?" I twist in his loose hold on me so I can face him and feel his heaving chest next to mine. I wrap my arms over his neck as he says, "who says I'm doing anything?"

My fingers are running miles in hair as I massage his scalp. I know he likes it because he closes his eyes and his dimples appear when ever I do it.

"Aaron-" I lean in so close, almost touching his lips with mine. He shivers when I whisper his name before I continue, still whispering ever so slightly.

"We should probably get ready for our run in a couple minutes." Warner groans and opens his eyes disappointed yet a little humored.

"That was cruel Ferrars, and definitely not what I was expecting you to say-"