Chapter 65 rewrite

We have our guns. We have our mission. We have eachother. And that's it. Castle instructed us of our plan and we follow it exactly.

We all link arm: Adam linked with Kenji's right arm and I am linked to his left. Warner is holding my hand.
We are all invisible and jogging to get as close as we can to base, where Warner detaches from our chain and pretends to act as if he escaped. So we can gain access to prisoner rooms so we can liberate them.

If I had never met Warner before today I would thought he was an actor. He can shut off his emotions so well and its like he doesn't even know we are behind him, silently shadowing his every move. He struts his way past two guards who immediately step aside at his presence. We step in to a courtyard where at least 50 terrified civilians are kneeling, all shaking. I count 8 guards not including the two at the gate.

Warner's voice booms across the yard.

"Gentlemen, state your business." Everyone's eye flick up at him.

"Sir. Y-your father's o-orders said speci-fically to-" a soldier stutters.

"Please speak to me so I can understand you, and if that is too challenging for you, please do not waste my time." I think the young soldier just peed himself a little based on his facial expression.

"Now can you inform me on what Davis, here fails to tell me." He turn to another soldier who is clear with his voice.

"Sir. We have direct orders from the Supreme Commander to execute these civilians." Warner snickers only a little.

"Excellent," he claps his hands together, "may I have the first shot?" My mouth drops.

"Of course Sir." Warner walks up to a civilian and points his fully loaded gun at the poor man's head. We follow closely behind. He whispers something to the man telling him that it will all be alright. Before whispering now.

At this cue, we unchain from Kenji, all becoming very visible and shooting as many guards as we can. Adam hits the two by the gate. Kenji hits the two men Warner was just speaking to. I hit one guard in the leg. Warner however shoots 3 men between the eyebrows in under 3 seconds, including the man I shot.

There is a commotion behind us and suddenly a gloved hand covers my face, muffling my scream. Before I can even react there is a gun meeting my temple. Warner, Kenji, and Adam swivel in place and point their guns at my captor. I am kicking and screaming trying anything to release myself from this position. Warner and Adam's eyes are wider and angrier than I have ever seen.

"I recommend putting your weapons down nice and easy boys." Something in this man's voice makes me stop breathing. Stop fighting. Stop everything.

"You sure picked a feisty one didn't you son."

Anderson.

"Get the hell away from her!" Warner steps forward, gun still raised just barely above my head.

"Now let's be rational about this." His voice sounds too calm to be in this situation.

"Let her go now." Somehow this amuses him and he drives the barrel of his gun further into my head, causing me to wince and squeeze my eyes shut.

"I said put the guns down, or she dies right now." I hear metal being dropped on the ground and I reopen my eyes in shock.

"That's better, Sanchez," he snaps at a guard behind him. "Pick up these guns before my sons or their friends do anything stupid." I realize that Anderson doesn recognize Adam, as the man collects the guns from the cracked concrete.

"Now deary, what to do with you," he turns his attention to me again. I squirm more in his incredibly strong grip. "I could kill you here, or take you back to the capital with me."

"No," Warner interjects.

"I don't believe I was talking to you." Anderson holds me tight to his chest and shifts as to stare at Warner head on. I feel the tip of his nose and his forehead make contact with the side of my face, which sadly is covered by my own hair. I clench my eyes shut and thrash firm in his grip.

"Feisty, isn't she. It's too tragic that you find the one girl you can not touch to fall in love with." My eyes fly open and meet Warner's. A warm tear slides down my face.

"I truly don't understand how you could throw away your entire future for this." He is full on screaming now, with disgust riddled in his voice. "I guess it was my fault for believing you could be anything less than a disappointment." I'm not sure why Warner looks so defeated, so helpless, so cowardly. But then I realize I would look exactly the same if it was my parents with a gun to his head.

"But maybe I just need to eliminate your distraction."

"No-"

He drives the barrel of the gun deeper into my head and cackles. He shoves me into a chain link fence and is gripping my throat with his black leather gloves.

"What do you think Juliette?" When I finally see the man constricting wind pipe. He looks exactly as I remember him. Callous, crude, yet strangely handsome.

"Go to hell," I wheeze and spit on his face and he laughs for a moment before swinging the butt of his gun into my temple so hard I fall to the ground. A new ringing erupts in my ears and echoes around the world. I touch my fingers to the source of the pain to see a slow stream of blood seep from my head. I can see Warner, Adam and Kenji all trying to rush to my side, but guards come from behind to prevent them from protecting me. But somehow Warner breaks free and rushes to me. I can't believe it but he stands in between me and his fuming father. He looks like a tower, steady, unmoving. But he cannot hide the fact that his hands are shaking ever so slightly.

Anderson's smile returns on his face as he points the gun to his son's heaving chest before him. I clench my eyes again and expect to fade from the existence and flee this world like I was never there to begin with. But that doesn't happen.

I hear Anderson pull back the hammer of the gun and a shot rings in my ears. A scream muffled in my brain as I realize that it isn't mine or Warner's. Anderson's gun is on the ground and Anderson is on his knees cursing violently, while holding his wrist. My eye dart to my left to see a small group of Omegas fire round after round at Anderson's men. Warner takes the time of confusion to scoop me up in his arms and run. I don't know where or how long it will take. I just know that I can't breath anymore.