Chapter Two

Jason woke later that morning as the clock ticked over to 7am. He sighed. He didn't have a great night. He looked beside him and the card that he was reading earlier that morning. He sat up and read it again. He had made up his mind.

He got up and got showered before dressing in casual clothes. He didn't have another show until 4 days time when he had to be back in New Zealand. He sent a message to one of Jordin's managers. A reply came back almost suddenly saying

"Jase. You're perfect. I'll make sure she doesn't know anything. Message me when you've touched down. We'll send a car" he smiled. Thank God he messaged Jennifer instead of Ben because Ben hates his guts for some reason.

*Meanwhile in LA*

"Jordin!" Jennifer said, walking into the studio just to find Jordin asleep on the sofa. Jennifer walked over to where she was asleep and nudged.

"Alright Jason. Just 5 more minutes and we can go to your tour rehearsal" Jordin said in her sleep.

Jennifer clapped her hands together which woke Jordin up.

"I think you need a rest"

"No. We need to finish the album" Ben said coming into the studio. Jordin stretched and woke up.

"Ben. We've been recording over 200 songs. I think she could have a couple of days off. I'm gonna take you somewhere" Jennifer said smiling. Jordin always loved Jennifer's happiness.

"Jennifer. Go get us some coffee"

"What's wrong with your legs?" she said back to Ben. They both had different views and they both really didn't like each other. He stared at her with evil eyes and she walked out of the room. Ben walked over to Jordin who was looking through her pictures of her and Jason.

"You still wasting your time with him?" Ben asked. Jordin said and replied back

"I'm still with Jason if that's what you're asking" she said getting up off the sofa and walked over to the lyric stand.

Jennifer came back into the studio and Jordin looked at her.

"Jen..." Jennifer looked up "Can we put 'It Girl remix' on the album?"

"As a like a bonus track?" She asked

"No. I mean like at the end of the regular CD" Jordin replied.

"No" Ben said "This is your album. It needs to be your songs"

"Ben. This is her album. She can decided what goes onto it. She is in the 'it girl remix'" Jennifer replied

"It's a bad move but if you want to"

"Well we got a great response from It Girl the remix so what's the harm" Jennifer lashed back.

*BACK IN AUSTRALIA*

Jason walked through Melbourne's airport to reach the holding area. He walked into one of the newsagents and grabbed some food to eat for the journey. He walked past the magazine and spotted a familiar face. He stopped and smiled. Jordin's face was smiling back at him on one of the magazines.

He noticed a man staring at him oddly next to him.

"It's my girlfriend" Jason replied.

"Yeah. Right mate. Who are you? Jason Derulo?" he replied not believing a word of anything Jason was saying. He walked off.

Jason picked it up and paid for his items. He walked towards the big screens that told him which gate his plane.

*Gate 57*

He began to walk towards gate 57 when he heard running footsteps behind him.

"I'm very sorry to bother you Mr Derulo" Jason tried around to find a girl who must have been about 17 years old. "but would I be able to get a photo?"

"Yeah. Of course" he said. After taking the photo, the girl said.

"Do you still have my card?" then Jason recognised her. He smiled.

"Yeah. I do" he laughed. He pulled it out of his hand luggage. "Actually that's the reason why I'm here"

"Really?"

"I'm gonna surprise Jordin"

"ARE YOU GONNA PROPOSE?" she said almost squeakily. Jason laughed.

"When the time is right. Everything is so busy. Maybe after the tattoos tour"

She nodded and said "Is Aidan here?"

Jason shook his head and replied

"He doesn't know I'm here. Nobody does expect for Jennifer"

She nodded.

"Aw I love Jennifer" she said.

"So anyway, why are you here?" Jason asked her

"I'm heading back to San Fran" she said

"But I thought you live in England"

"Nah. We were on holiday there and we went to see you and then I saw you last night as well"

"You coming to the San Fran gig?" she nodded

"And the Los Angeles one too. Is Jordin gonna be there"

"Of course" he winked at her.

"Can I show you my tattoos" she said.

"Yeah. Of course!"

She revealed her wrists. One the right one there was 'Music' and on the left wrist there was a 'J'.

"It's a matching one to you and Jordin" she said "because my name is Jazz"

"Ahh man. That's sick!" Jason said. Just then Jazz received a text.

"Ah man. I see you later. It's my mum. I've gotta go" Jazz said. She and Jason shared a hug before departing.

Jason got to his departure gate. There was a little boy in the corner with a ukulele. He was playing quietly. Jason walked over to him and sat down next to him. the boy began to strum and sing "The Rest Of Our Lives". Jason smiled secretly. He secretly pressed record on his iPhone 5. When it finished recording he said to the boy

"That was really good"

"Thanks Jason"

Jason quickly started a new message to Jordin and sent it to her.

Just then there started boarding the plane. Jason collected his stuff and began to walk towards the plane.