"You're mine."

"As long as that means you're mine."

"I wouldn't have it any other way." Rafe smirks before pressing his lips to mine in another heated kiss.

~three years later~

"I'm glad everything went as well as it did," I say into my phone while unlocking the door to mine and Rafe's shared mansion.

"We had some bloody close calls though," Chloe responds, and I chuckle and step inside the house.

"I'm going to have to explain to Rafe how I got a split lip."

"He's going to be fucking pissed. Probably will want to kill the prick that did it to you himself."

"Too bad I beat him to it."

Chloe laughs and I set my traveling bag down on the ground and kick off my shoes. "How are you and him doing by the way?" Chloe asks and I smile.

"Great! We've had a couple arguments, but nothing we haven't worked out together. They were petty anyway and they always ended well."

"Well? Like the kind of well that has you-" Chloe starts and I chuckle.

"Yes, that kind of well."

"You two just need to tie the bloody knot already!"

I laugh and walk into the kitchen and grab a wine glass and a bottle of wine. "You think?" I ask while pouring some wine into my glass and taking a sip.

"Yes!"

I go to say something, when I hear shouting from upstairs. "That doesn't sound good," Chloe says, and I sigh.

"I'll talk to you later," I say before hanging up and setting my glass down.

"No, you listen to me! I specifically said to not sign off on those papers," Rafe snaps and I look upstairs where his office is. "Just fucking fix it," he continues and I hear something be slammed down and a string of curse words fall from my lover's lips.

I make my way upstairs and over to Rafe's office. I turn the doorknob and open the door to see Rafe leaning against the front of his desk, a glass of scotch in hand while his other hand rakes through his messy hair. I walk into the room and shut the door behind me, startling my boyfriend.

Rafe looks up and places his glass down on his desk before opening his arms out. I walk into his chest and he wraps his arms around my waist and buries his face in my neck. "Rough day?" I ask while dangling my arms over his shoulders.

"Everyone's a fucking idiot," he groans against my skin.

"Is that so?"

Rafe lifts his head up and his eyes widen a fraction. "Who did this to you?" he demands while cupping my face and examining my busted lip.

"That's not important."

"I'd like to beg to differ. Now who did this to you?"

"Rafe," I press my lips against his before pulling back, "I'm fine."

He sighs and I push him to sit down on his office chair. "What are you doing, beautiful?" he mumbles, and I walk behind the chair and massage his back and shoulders.