Thanks for Listening

You were sitting in front of Daniel's tomb. The weather was falsely bright and sunny. Part of you was saying that you should go spar with Stephen. The other part was telling you to rest and let yourself heal. However, you were in front of Daniel's tomb. Mourning his death. "I'm sorry I didn't do anything. I was there. I could've used my element of surprise. I could've fought harder." Tears were slowly falling down your face as you cried for your friend, "believe it or not, Stephen has actually been rather nice to me. I think we're finally starting to see eye to eye. He got the Cloak of Levitation." You wiped your tears away with your hand and fell into silence.

"Thanks for listening. You've always been my best friend who's always there for me. I wish I told you that when you were still alive." You tried to smile but it proved to be a fruitless effort, "I hope you're in a better place." You continued to sit there. In front of his tombstone. You couldn't find the energy to get up and do anything.

"I thought I'd find you here." You jumped and spun around to see Stephen.

"Oh." You turned back to the stone, "leave me alone."

There was movement next to you and Stephen sat down next to you, "you can't just sit around and do nothing (f/n)."

"Who says I can't?" you tried to retort but it was a sad retort without much venom behind it.

"There's a war going on (f/n). You wouldn't want Daniel to die for no reason, would you? It's our job to finish the war. Don't let him die in vain."

You shook your head, "sorry to disappoint."

"(f-"

"Go away Strange. I don't want you here."

"What happened (f/n)?" he asked and it sounded like he was hurting inside, "what changed? I thought we were starting to be friends."

"You want to know what?" you turned and looked at him, "I'm angry at you Stephen. All my life I've been working and training to use a relic, and here you are in your glory. You're able to use the Eye of Agamotto no problem! You've even convinced the Cloak of Levitation to be your relic! Where am I? I'm just a nobody who doesn't even have a relic."

"Oh. I'm sorry you feel that way."

"So am I." You redirected your attention to the still stone in front of you, "I need time to mourn Stephen. So can you please go away."

You didn't see his conflicted face before he asked, "can I tell you something?"

"Hasn't stopped you before." You scoffed.

There was a pause and you turned to look at him, "this could totally shake everything you know."

"I don't want to know. I'm already hurting, I don't need anything more."

"Okay," he quietly answered and stood up, "I'll be sparring with Mordo if you need me." There was the crunching of boots on gravel and you knew he was gone.

You let your head rest on the cold stone, "what should I do?"

✯✯✯

You were still sitting in front of Daniel's tombstone. You hadn't moved since Stephen had left you. You heard boots on gravel again, "go away Stephen."

"(f/n)."

"Oh," you turned around when you realized it wasn't Stephen's voice, "I'm sorry Wong. I thought you were Stephen."

"We're preparing to defend the Hong Kong Sanctum. Are you coming?" he asked.

"I don't know Wong," you looked away from him, "I'm not really at peak performance."

"You're an excellent fighter, we need you on our side. You know what will happen if we lose Hong Kong." He persuaded.

Wong was also one of your closer friends and you respected him a lot. It was hard to argue against him. "Fine," you relented and stood up, but your legs collapsed underneath you since they had fallen asleep from you sitting down for who knows how long. Luckily, Wong was there to catch you.

"We won't let Kaecilius win this war." He whispered.

You nodded, "I'm right with you." Wong led the way to the door that led to the Hong Kong Sanctum. It was already open and people were going through the door to prepare for the fight.

"Choose your weapons wisely!" he shouted to the people in the room. He picked up the Wand of Watoomb. Then picked up another relic and handed it to you.

"Is this-?" you looked at the two hollowed disks in your hands with the s stretching across the empty center.

"A chakram relic?" Wong finished your sentence and you nodded, "yes." You looked at it in awe. "No one steps foot in this Sanctum!" Wong commanded and spun around his wand dramatically, "no one." The people quickly dispersed outside of the building to be in ready fighting positions.

"He's here." You whispered to Wong as you saw the bright light that signified a portal and followed him to confront Kaecilius as he approached the Sanctum.

"Kaecilius." Wong warned.

"You're on the wrong side of history, Wong." Kaecilius warned and lunged at him. The street exploded into fighting and you and Wong fought Kaecilius. "Oh I remember you," he mused, "weren't you stabbed?"

You spun the chakram at him and at the last moment spikes protruded out of the side which took both you and Kaecilius by surprise. He smiled, "you've never used this relic before, have you?" you faltered at his grin and took a scared step back.

"Back off!" Wong yelled and hit his wand at Kaecilius.

"There's only three of them, we can do it!" you shouted words of encouragement.

"That's what you think." Kaecilius smiled. The building behind you suddenly burst open and Dormammu emerged from the broken building. "Oh no!"

Kaecilius started to cackle triumphantly, "there's nothing you can do now! Earth belongs to Dormammu now!"

"If we defeat him, might we be able to stop this?" you asked Wong.

"There's a very small chance it'll work."

"A small chance is better than no chance." You ran at Kaecilius with your chakrams and Wong went around. You dodged multiple of his punches but each one of your hits was successfully dodged by Kaecilius as well.

"Weak." He snarled and grabbed your arm and threw you at a crumbling building. You hastily put up a shield above you but your leg got crushed by a piece of cement. You screamed at the pain and your shield went down, along with the rest of the building on top of you. ​​​​​​​