There was some kind of vibe dancing in the air and I knew the both of us were trying to figure out what it was.
I thought the elevator ride was the longest ride of my life until we began heading to whichever restaurant he had in mind. It was dead silent, reminding me of how things used to be between us but I couldn't blame him this time.
We had nothing to talk about and in all honesty— we both wanted nothing to be said. I wish I could have called it a peaceful silence however but it wasn't. No matter what, it was tearing me apart and breaking down my tolerance either way but I had to remind myself that I had signed the contract making him my boss again so I couldn't treat him with anything but respect.
Occasionally I could see him stealing glances at me. If only I could get into that twisted mind of his— to know his every thought and emotion. He's so unreadable to an extent where I find myself getting frustrated.
He parked in front of Noi Offriamo, an Italian restaurant.
"Don't move."
He finally spoke as he pushed the car door open and stepped out, leaving me infuriated. Although my anger was through the roof, I maintained a calm appearance.
He walked elegantly to my side of the car, ever so gracefully opening the door for me. His palm stretched out before me and I took it, allowing him to assist me in getting out.

Compared to how he was dressed— I looked like a peasant. Everyone that stared at us was probably wondering what he was doing with me and I couldn't help but wonder why he hadn't complained already. I have no idea what I was thinking as I was dressing for his office.
He handed his keys to the valet as he lead us in, his hand slightly above my backside.
"Hello Mr Malik, Miss."
We were approached by a man dressed in a suit— fancy looking. He bowed slightly, turning to me with a charming and welcoming smile that I returned.
He lead Zayn and I to a more private table that wasn't surrounded by many people. Our orders were taken with Zayn deciding for me because I really didn't know what to order but that was after Zayn almost caused a scene.
The female waitress that came to attend to us spoke very rudely to me whiles she blatantly checked Zayn out— although he was totally oblivious to that part. However, when she asked him for his order first, his facial expression changed. He insisted I be asked first and when she rolled her eyes, looking down on me— that was his breaking point.

He gave her a warning along the lines of getting her fired and insisted to talk to the manager but I stepped him— begging him not to because I wasn't bothered anyways.
As we waited for our food in absolute silence after such an incident, I felt heavy eyes on me and I looked up to see him staring at me— not blinking once. My stomach began to twist into knots, dying to know what he was thinking as he looked at me. His pupils; dilated.
"Why do you keep looking at me like that?"
I asked— breaking the silence that had engulfed us in.
He shrugged, relaxing further into the chair.
"I was just wondering—"
I remained silent, not breaking eye contact with him. I was itching to ask what he was wondering but I knew he wouldn't tell me.
"—Do you just let people walk all over you?"
It wasn't what I had expected him to ask— not that I had any particularly in mind either. I watched with a blank stare.
"You're one to talk, you do the same thing to me all the time."
I dared to say as I held his gaze. His expression dropped as his jaw tensed. There was also a look that flashed through his eyes— regret, but I ignored it. The mistake I made with Zayn was always reading too much into little things but this time I've decided not to let that happen. Awkwardness and silence took over the air as he gazed at me.
"Did," His voice gruff as the word teased my ear. "I admit, I was really rude to you before and even though I had stupid reasons, I will never treat you the way I used to again."
I searched his eyes to see if he meant it and what I saw was pure regret and sincerity. After seconds I nodded— biting my bottom lip as I diverted my eyes.
I hate being around him but love it at the same time. It's like my mind could write up a billion reason why I should run out on him but my heart could also write a trillion reasons why I shouldn't.

I could feel his intense stare on me but I didn't dare look up. I'm a damn brave woman— I've looked into the eyes of men that tried to harm me but with Zayn, it's a whole different story. I cower away from his gaze because it only reminds me of how weak and stupid I was for even thinking I could change him. In some cases we're soo alike— we are both sooo broken by things none of us dares to speak about but I wish I could share in his past, his sorrows and regrets.
I looked up at him, licking my lips as my eyes locked on his luscious ones. We were definitely fucking each other with our eyes. I could picture him undressing from the look in his eyes as I did the same. The only difference would have probably been he was thinking of ways he could pin me down, bind my hands and legs as he fucked me from the back whiles all I was craving was to touch him inappropriately. Simply touching him.
"If you could change a rule from our previous contract, what would it be?"
He swirled his finger around the champagne glass that was before him as his eyes scrutinized me.
Something told me that it was a trick question to belittle me but from the look on his face, I didn't have a choice but to answer anyways. I contemplated on lying but what was the point? He knows of my feelings for him and just how much I crave him because my being with him alone was a sign of my desperation and need for him.
I sighed, holding his gaze.
"To touch you."

Please vote • comment • share

•Princess T•

His Weapon - Book 1   [Z.M]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें