(Can't remember if she lives in a house or a dormitory, so I'm going to say she lives in a house)

I had only been here one other time, and that was when she confessed she was an investigator-in-training or some sort of intern.

She's a smart girl, no lie there. She managed to create robots that could properly function. What did she name that one robot? Phoebe? Was that its name?

         Alec walked up closely to the door and knocked, attempting to peer through the window. He seemed a little cautious in doing so. He was probably worried he was gonna accidentally punch Evelyn like that one time back during Halloween.

        No one answered even after he knocked numerous times. We all looked at each other and before I could even reason with them again, Evan was trying himself as if it would make a difference.

        "Evan, if she didn't open up when Alec knocked all those times, what makes you think she'll open up to you?" I asked, curious to his own answer.

       "I dunno, worth a shot," He shrugged and looked back at the door, which still had not opened up despite our best efforts.

       "Alec, just pick the lock and we'll check up inside," Aly instructed, as she brushed her hair off her shoulders.

       I remembered Alec said he knew how to pick locks because of his locksmith class at YHS. Funneh was right: YHS does have a lot of programs.

        "Guys, maybe she's just out somewhere running errands. Evelyn's a busy person," I tried to reason again, and still achieved nothing.

Alec picked the door open and with a low groan, it swung open. The house was dark, and it felt eerie despite that it was only sunset.

      "Where's the light switch in here?" Aly asked in a slow and quiet tone, careful just in case someone of something was here.

      After fumbling around next to the walls of the house, we found the light switches. There were three, each of them holding a different purpose.

      I flicked them all on and one by one, different sources of lights fizzled to life and the house lit up instantly. It looked incredibly different from when the lights weren't on.

And I mean it really looked different.

"Evelyn?" Evan called out, cupping his hands around his mouth. He scanned the room as he called out to her. But we received no answer.

The house looked like it had been ransacked. Vases and fragile objects broken, pieces scattered across the floor. Items were thrown loosely and paintings had been knocked off of the walls.

It was obvious that if whoever had done this took Evelyn, they certainly had a rough time doing so. Evelyn's trained to defend herself and she'd never go down without a fight. I couldn't tell if the house was wrecked because they fought or if it was because they had tried to rob her.

"Oh god, where is she?" I asked, worried. Maybe they had broken in while she was gone? Maybe the other theory was incorrect?

"Did any of you see Evelyn earlier today?" Alec asked us, inspecting the room and all of this incriminating and unnerving scene.