"Li-ge~!," LanBai's eyes brightened, "Fu-ge's place is soooo beautiful!! Bai-mei loves it very much. I think YuLan also likes it!!"

At the mention of her name, YuLan looked up and turned her focus onto LanBai.

"When I get married to Fu-ge, YuLan will still be with me, so it is important that she likes his place too! It is going to be our future home." Lanbai exclaimed excitedly.

There was not slightest of ill-intention with her words. For Ji LanBai, it was just how it should be. YuLan initially was brought into the Ji estate as her maid, to follow her as part of her dowry when she formally got married into the Imperial household. Although LanBai definitely did not treat or think of YuLan as a maid anymore, she definitely did not have any thinking of any other possible future for the both of them.

Just living in accordance to what had been set out for her, as long as she was happy, it would definitely be good.

YuLan only showed a faint smile at LanBai's explanation towards SongLi, but when she shifted her eyes onto the Young Master's there was no humor in her gaze. There was no mirth, only reluctance.

Then she returned her focus on the map.

SongLi noticed the yearning in her eyes as she ran her fingers on the map.

"Bai-mei," SongLi smiled towards his sister, "Do you mind just telling Mothers to wait just a bit longer? I still have to tidy up a bit."

Ji LanBai nodded and was about to ask YuLan to go with her, but SongLi interjected,

"If you don't mind, Bai-mei, I just need to borrow your big sister here to help a bit, okay?" he winked at LanBai, teasing her by referring to YuLan as her 'big sister'.

Initially LanBai was going to protest, but clearly pleased of having his own brother's acknowledgment to regard YuLan as her 'big sister'.  It perked her up and she nodded happily before bouncing off outside.

SongLi walked towards the table and positioned himself close to YuLan. From the close distance, he could smell the faint fragrance of flower – clearly the floral mixtures only the Ji family ladies had been using for their baths.

Despite all the favors she received from both Madams, from Ji LanBai... .

That sparkle in her eyes as she looked at the map – the world beyond just the stone walls of Ji estate or Da Lang... .

"You don't wish to follow LanBai." He softly muttered.

YuLan's fingers that have been caressing the map stilled. In fact, she was more than just admiring the map, she was trying to imprint all the information on it into her brain – locations of Da Lang, Ming Town, the borders to the North, East, West, or South... . All the important landscapes that had been marked by SongLi and the Ji soldiers, as well as all the dangerous places that one must not go to... .

YuLan slowly shook her head, "I don't wish to enter Prince GuoFu's estate."

"Even when LanBai loves you that much?" SongLi prompted.

There were still a few more years until Ji LanBai came of age and could formally enter the Yong Prince's estate as his wangfei. SongLi felt that he needed to establish his standing quicker in this family. As he was now, he was nothing. He could not make any decision; his power was limited. He had never previously felt this urge to grow up as quick as possible.

All so he could catch up to this girl by his side.

YuLan shook her head again, "GuoFu... seems to have some ... ," she struggled to find the right word, "...admiration... towards me."