CHAPTER 2

VOTE COMMENT FAN :)=

Please comment x

THANKS

*****************************************************************************************************

The Vampire With Braces...

CHAPTER 2

My best friend matt frowned in annoyance as I swung the bathroom door open still clutching the flyer between my fingers, he folded his arms and raised an eyebrow expecting an explanation.

"What took you so long? I’ve been waiting here for like," he checked his watch, "20 minutes! Dude... what happened to your eye?" Matt asked holding back his laughter whilst resting against one of the sinks.

"Shit, its swollen and everything," he laughed and i just glared, matt knew firsthand what a good punch in the face felt like so I had no idea why he found this so funny.

"Tell me why I’m friends with you again?" I sighed scrunching up the paper and throwing it in his direction.

"Well, because... I help you when-" he began to list off actually looking serious and almost making me laugh.

"Rhetorical question," I cut him off maintaining my straight face, "It hurts like a bitch." I looked in the mirror, he was right... it was starting to swell.

"Julian?" he asked absentmindedly examining the crumpled paper.

"Do you even have to ask?" I rolled my eyes, well the one I could still see out of anyway.

"So can you make it to this?" he asked holding up the invite in the mirror so the writing was backwards.

"Well my brothers going so..." I trailed off; I should be able to sneak out. It’s not that my parents didn’t want me to get out, actually far from it, it was just that they assumed I was 'hanging' with the wrong kind of people, basically humans or Animas as they liked to call them, the ones who still breath, have souls, bla bla bla...

"I still don’t get how you and your brother are related, I mean you guys are seriously nothing alike," Matt said looking back up, my older brother Nathan was, well... popular. In fact he practically ruled the school, he’d never be punched in the face, he was strong, captain of the football team and had girls hanging on his every word but it wasn’t like I could tell matt that actually my older brother was in fact a vampire, who had paranormal abilities and characteristically good looks.

So instead I settled for, "yes matt, were related ok, how many times do I have to tell you?" You see the thing was, we only moved here a year ago so Nathan, my brother had already turned by then. He was now 17 and to say he exploited the perks to what we were was an understatement.

"By the way, I’m way ahead of you." He said shoving the invite back against my chest and I gave him a questioning look. “I heard about this party earlier.” He clarified.

"And you seriously think this is going to work?" I asked sceptically, people like us weren’t exactly welcomed with open arms at popular parties, more often than not they put someone on the door to stop us even getting in.

"If we stick to the plan, it'll be fine.” I nodded slowly before checking the address on the paper once more. I gulped; I can’t believe I was doing this.

"Just bring your phone." He patted me on the back, picking up the rest of his stuff and exiting the bathrooms.

"Ok, if you say so." I muttered to myself.