Chapter 12;

Everything was blurry as I felt myself being motionless, it was like I was completely underwater. A part of me wondered if I was actually dead but slightly doubted it.

What happened? 

All I remember is passing out after feeling excruciating pain. I stop thinking when I remember it, right. Those strange veins coming up on my back. What was that?

A sudden movement spikes my mind as I hear something shuffle, it scared me that I could hear slightly but I could not move nor see.

A voice starts speaking and I recognize it being Merlins and I concentrate to hear what they're saying, I was afraid of what she was saying though and hoping it was good news.

"No, the only way is with the masters blood" I hear her say as the voice slightly shakes.

"If you did that, you would die. There is no exception, even if you do manage to enter that.. Horrid place the mass amounts of demons would slaughter you within seconds" she continues as I suddenly stop hearing as I feel my eyes starting to open.

I groggily manage to open my eyes as light blinds my eyes momentarily and I look around me my entire body feeling stiff and fatigued.

"Y/N" A familiar voice says as I slightly turn my head to the left seeing Meliodas with a slightly tense expression watching me.

His face softens when he realizes I'm slightly smiling at him as he caresses my cheek lovingly giving me his usual grin.

"As I was saying Meliodas, this- poison should of already have killed her long ago. What is stopping it is beyond me but it is affecting her, I fear the same fate lies ahead of her as every one else that has gotten the poison. Death" Merlin explains as I fail at visibly gulping.

"I refuse to believe that there is no other way" Meliodas says his fists clenching as I slightly flinch.

"I can stop it temporarily from spreading through this will give Y/N about two and a half days without feeling the effects of being poisoned by the hell hounds" Merlin says as he snaps up to her.

"But" she says coming with the prize for it.

"If we don't find a cure she will die after the third day" she says as I close my eyes feeling helpless. This was supposed to be a fun day, but instead I got this shitty poison killing me.

"We don't have any choice Meliodas, if I don't do it she will die within a few hours. She can't even speak" Merlin says with a frustrated sigh as Meliodas turns away.

"Y/N?" he says looking at me as I breathe heavily before nodding slightly.

"Then all you need to do is close your eyes" Merlin says soothingly as I oblige closing my eyes tightly as I feel a cool hand place itself on my forehead and then a flash.

I expect something else to happen but that is it, and as if with magic I suddenly feel myself take a deep gasp as if I can finally breathe again and I manage to steadily sit up scratching my head as I look around all the nausea and sickness disappearing as if it was ever there.

"We need to find the master of those shape shifters, and soon." Meliodas says not having time to do anything else.

I had about three days left to live.. That thought, was horrifying.

"Y/N, I need you to eat something. You've been out for about one day now and it'd be good if you ate" Merlin says as I sigh nodding standing up with a slight wobble in my legs as I follow her down the stairs and try to ignore the stares.

"Are you alright Y/N?" Elizabeth asks putting a hand on my shoulder as I look towards her nodding.

"Yes" I lie eating the delicious food Ban has prepared as he smirks towards you.

"Y/N you look much better than you did a few hours ago, did Merlin cure you?" Diane asks with a smile as you frown.

"And what is that mark on your forehead?" King asks as I furrow my brows too. What?

"That is the spell I put on Y/N, she has exactly two and a half days left to live" Merlin says casually with a sigh as shock spreads through.

"The poison is killing her, and without the master of those shape shifters blood we can't help her at all" Merlin explains as a I notice the strange emotions emitting from them. They're all.. Angry? I feel a strange sensation of belonging when I realize they all accept me.

"Whether you are coming or not, I am going to find this.. Person" Meliodas suddenly says from behind me with an unreadable poker face.

"Cap'n why wouldn't I tag along? My life is boring without you" Ban jokingly says with a half smirk half smile.

"Besides, Y/N is a part of us now. Leaving this to you would be betraying our codes" Diane agrees as they all nod to each other. I didn't notice I was grinning til they all agreed to tag along.

"We have little to no time to waste then, we need to leave right away" Merlin says as I nod.

"But how will we find this person?" Diane says as Merlin smiles slightly.

"What are shape shifters when they are in a weak form against a stronger one?" Merlin asks as I bite my lip slightly.

"Cowards" Gowther says fixing his glasses as Merlin nods.

"And Shape shifters always run home" she says slowly finishing the puzzle.

"So all we need to do is follow them to home, and hopefully.. We'll catch them." Merlin says as I breathe in heavily.

"Or.. Y/N will die" 

A pang of fear spread through me, I would die if we didn't manage to find them. And what if they didn't have a master? My doubts instantly disappeared when certain words we're spoken.

"Don't worry Y/N, I will protect you. Always"

--

A little bit of an early update to all my lovely readers <3 thanks for being so patient!

The end :D just kidding, sorry if this chapter was a bit more boring but I need a chapter that is filling in the empty spaces and slightly explaining what the situation really is. Seems like you are in a tough spot right now ay? About to die.. Wonder what Meliodas will do about this. 

Next chapter will be packed with combat and I can't wait to start writing it! :D

Have a good day!

1084 words

Amy