🌴•dos•🌴

Throughout the weeks, we kept hanging out, and I was having a really nice vacation. There was one day that stood out from the rest though. I remember it like it was yesterday.

. . . It was a cloudy and rainy day, so the girls came to chill at our hotel. Aribella and I chose to go to the indoor pool.

Sydney and Jack just relaxed in our room. (I can tell you now that they are nothing but friends - Jack has a girlfriend back in Kansas, and Sydney likes some guy at her school.)

Aribella and I, on the other hand, did not remain just friends. We were swimming around in the pool when we were, suddenly, in each other's embrace.

"I like you a lot, Jarrett," she whispered before crushing her lips onto mine.

Luckily, we were the only ones there. All too soon, we pulled away.

"I like you, too," I confessed.

She blushed, and we looked into each other's eyes before Aribella asked what we were. We both knew that I had to go back in a few weeks, but we liked each other too much to stay just friends.

"Do you want to put a label on this?" I remember asking her.

She shyly nodded so I asked her to be my girlfriend. Of course, she said yes. . . .

And all of this happened in the middle of a hotel pool in Florida.

Who would've thought?