"W-What?" Peter asked, still a bit stunned.

Michelle sighed. Almost as if she didn't want to say anything else to them. "Nick is too nice to drop a friend just because of unrequited feelings," she told him. Her dark eyes moved away from them to something else. "Incoming."

The two boys were confused about Michelle's last two words up until the turned their heads to see Flash Thompson walking their way. Ned made a noise at the back of his throat while Peter's expression became one of dread.

"Penis Parker!"

"Hi, Flash."

"Listen, I need your puny ass to do me a favor," Flash stated and plopped himself in the seat across from Peter, who wore a surprised expression. "Do you have what Mrs. Wellington gave the class for homework on Friday?"

Instantly, other than shock, confusion coursed through Peter. Flash never asked him for favors – let alone anything to do with homework; the kid bullies him with names and insults alike for simply being one of the best in class. So exactly why would Flash for homework?

"Why- why me?" He hesitantly asked.

"I don't feel like bothering Nick for it again," Flash explained lamely, acting as if it wasn't a big deal when actuality he was freaking out on the inside – but Peter definitely didn't need to know that. "He's helped me too much. And I won't be copying it word for word; I don't even all of it. It's just a few answers."

Peter and Ned shared a look, and Michelle raised an eyebrow at the boy but didn't say anything as she went back to focus on whatever book she had been reading earlier. Flash watched them carefully and tried not to show how desperate he really was. He gave a stern look, about to threaten him with some blackmail he didn't actually have when Marty Milton plopped down in the seat beside him. Everyone looked at the taller freshman in question.

"So, everyone here is at least somewhat friends with Nick, yeah?" He instantly asked, and leaned against the table as he looked at the other three boys and then to Michelle, who simply shrugged before shaking her head. She and Nick haven't really talked much, so there wasn't any reason why they would be friends.

"I mean, I guess," Flash shrugged.

"Why?" Ned questioned, not-so-subtly nudging Peter who very-not-so-subtly blushed and glared at him, hitting his arm a second later.

"Um." Marty's brows furrowed as he watched the best friends' short interaction, along with Flash and Michelle. She shook her head and quietly muttered about the two sucked at being subtle while Flash just stared in utter confusion. Ned and Peter back at Marty with wide eyes. It was clear to the soccer player that they were hiding something. They reminded him of Nick almost. Marty breathed in and shifted in his seat before he continued to speak. "I dunno, I was wanting to ask if he's been acting differently around you guys? It's stupid, really, I just feel like he's not being truthful? If that makes sense? He's been dodgy lately and canceled some plans we had yesterday to hang with Olivia. Not that I'm mad, or upset – or jealous, even. I'm just confused because he only cancels when he's sick or something serious comes up. Plus, Anita knows something but won't tell me."

"Maybe he and Olivia are dating?" Flash suggested with a shrug.

"Doubt it," Michelle muttered, but the boys didn't hear her. Peter was too busy digging through his backpack to give Flash the homework, Ned was too focused on what Flash had suggested, and Marty simply didn't hear her.