Part 1

"And thus, with their final kiss, the vampire disappeared into dust in the maiden's arms, leaving behind only the rose. From that moment, she promised that she would search for her love, no matter how long of an eternity, believing that the warmth she felt from that the scar on her neck was a symbol of their love."

The woman closed the book she was reading before wiping a tear from her eye. She placed the book back on the shelf and slowly walked out of her study. Her feet clicked as she trotted down the long hallway. She hummed a melody that had long been forgotten, her soft voice and contrasting footsteps echoing off the walls.

It was then that she noticed a figure walking the opposite direction, heading towards her with her hands delicately holding a letter.

"Sayaka..?" she called out, making her look up.

Without saying a word, she handed the letter to the shorter woman and allowed her to read the contents.

"I thought so... So it's time."

"Yes."

"I didn't think it'd be so soon."

"Minami," Sayaka cupped her cheek, the two locking gazes both filled with seriousness. "We must."

Minami simply nodded before folding up the letter.

"We should get ready then."

--------------------------------

"Ruka..."

"Maria, my love..."

"Ruka... I will always love you... as long as I live.. I will..."

*Beep beep beep*

"...nn... noisy..." Yuki turned in her bed, covering her ears with her pillow.

She blindly reached for her alarm clock and shut it off, filling the room with silence. She sighed and started drifting back into her slumberland...

*Knock knock*

"Yuki-chan, wake up," her mother's voice could be heard behind the door. "You don't wanna be late for your first day of school."

Yuki yawned and sat up from her bed, rubbing her sleepy eyes.

"Right.. School..." The girl then gasped as she realized what her mother just said. "School?!"

She hurried to get ready, rushing to brush her teeth and fix her bed head. After that was done, she grabbed her uniform and rushed to put it on. After successfully changing, she went downstairs and saw her mother already laying out breakfast.

"Oh my... You look beautiful, Yuki," her mother exclaimed. "That uniform really does look great on you."

Yuki blushed at her mother's comment before feeling her father pat her head.

"My little girl, all grown up," he chuckled. "You excited for your first day at a new school?"

"You could say that."

"I'm sure you'll have a great time."

"Speaking of, you better hurry and eat breakfast so you won't be late."

"Ah, right!"

Yuki sat down at the table, beginning to eat her breakfast quickly. After finishing her meal, she grabbed her bag and she and her brother exited the house.

"Itekimasu~" she said, rushing out the door.

Yuki walked down a path where the students were all heading towards the conjoined school buildings. Yuki looked around at the students as they chatted idely. She stood at the entrance to the high school building, taking a deep breath before stepping forward beyond the open gates.

"Let's do this."

As she was walking, she didn't notice a pair of eyes staring down at her from one of the building's windows. Minami watched as the girl entered the gates of the school, a kind smile on her as she politely greeted those who passed her by.

"She's here," she said to Sayaka, who was looking over some papers with a pair of glasses gently propped against her nose.

"Good."

Minami sighed heavily as she leaned against the wall.

"Are you afraid?" Sayaka asked.

"N-no, it's not that..."

"Then, what? Are you feeling uneasy because it's finally time?"

"Well.. I just want to succeed. If we don't reunite them, then we'll--" Minami was silenced when Sayaka stepped in front of her, holding her face. "S-Sayaka..!"

"I understand your fear. I feel the same way. But let's not let our fear take hold of us," she said reassuringly. "We'll get through this."

She kissed her forehead gently, a small gasp escaping her lips. Minami looked up and saw a kind smile from the taller woman.

"It'll be okay."

Minami smiled back, "Okay."