7. Memories

They sat in the car and drove to Khanna mansion. The car ride was so boring and Neil being a restless person, turned on the radio. Main hu hero tera started playing. The tune was so peaceful for Neil. Avni was really tired since morning. She pushed her head back and closed her eyes. Neil looked at her direction while looking at the side mirror on her side when he saw her. She looked so innocent. For once there was no anger in her eyes. Her hair was falling on her face blocking the view. Neil's hand itch to move them away but stopped knowing that she would kill him if he touched her.

After 15 minutes they reached. Neil stopped the car.

"Lo aa gaye." Neil caught her attention. 

Avni opened her eyes and was horrified by the sight in front of her. Neil got out and called Avni. She also stepped out of the house. Neil noticed that her face was pale. It was the same house where she was tortured by Dayawanti Mehta. The evil memories came back. The woman that stole everything away from her. All the flashbacks were running in her mind. Neil saw that she was uncomfortable.

"Avni are you ok??" Neil asked in concern.

"Ha?? Haa. Yeh... yeh tumhara ghar hai??" Avni stuttered.

"Haa kyu??" He asked. 

Avni was trying so hard not to burst into tears remembering those nightmares.

"Jab main 15 saal ka tha tab hum yaha shift ho gaye the. Tabse hum yaha hi reh rahe hai. Chalo ander chale." Neil explained. 

Neil walked into the house while Avni's steps were hesitant to enter the house. When she stepped in, she remembered the time when she was 11 and she stepped into the same house to get her brother back. Avni looked around. The interior was changed a little. An elderly woman approached them.

"Tillu tu aa gaya. Itna time kaha tha?" A woman asked him. 

"Wo Bebe kuch kaam tha."

"Yeh kaun hai??" Bebe asked. 

Just then a loud voice from behind her. It was Shwetha.

"Teri girlfriend hai??" Shwetha chirped in excitement.

"Kya?? Nahi yeh meri gf nahi meri do-" He stopped.

"Teri kya??" Bebe asked being curious. 

"Aunty main isski dost hu." Avni spoke from behind.

"Oh. Shwetha said in a disappointing tone.

"Yeh tere haath mein kya hai??" Bebe noticed the bags in his hand. 

"Aunty wo gi-" Before Avni could say gift Neil held her hand to stop her from talking.

Oh god Neil tu toh gaya ab. (Oh no neil you are done for.) Neil said to himself.

"Bebe wo project ka samaan hai. Aur hum partners hai toh hume wo pura karna hai." Neil made an excuse.

"Puttar tera naam kya hai??" Bebe asked Avni.

"Avni, aunty."

"Don't call me aunty. Mujhe Bebe bola." Bebe corrected. 

"Ji Bebe."

"Acha tum dono upna project pura karlo main tum dono ke liye kuch khaane ke liye leke aati hu." Shwetha said. 

Neil and Avni went to Neil's room. Neil quickly locked the room. Avni was about to say something when Neil stopped her.

"Dekho maarna mat, maine tumhara haath isse liye pakra tha taki tum mom aur Bebe ko Sandy ke baare main mat batao. Please maarna mat!" Neil blurted out closing his eyes waiting for a thing to hit him. When nothing came at him, he opened one of his eyes open to see Avni. She was looking on the ground and looked frightened.