I scheduled an appointment for tomorrow and decided that I had worked enough today. I paged Ian telling him to clear the rest of my day and the next few days as well.

I left my office and headed to my house to go get Mia ready for our trip.

Mia's POV

I curled up in a beanbag in Master's room listening to pet TV. Master had brought me a beanbag to sit on after he noticed how much I sat watching the TV. Right now it was playing calming music and I was colouring in one of the books Master had given me.

He said it was good for me to keep my mind active and creative because it stops me from getting bored. Many pets who get bored tend to start disobeying orders as they no longer see the point in being obedient which leads to them being killed by their owners.

The door suddenly opened and Master walked in. He was home very early he usually didn't get back until dark. Yet here he was before dinner.

I shut my book quickly and got off the beanbag. I sat on my knees and gave him a small bow of my head. He made a motion with his finger for me to go over to him.

I crawled over to his desk where he currently sat and kneeled by his feet looking down. He didn't say anything for a while. The only thing filling the silence was the music from pet TV playing softly across the room. Master reached out his hand and patted my head.

I instantly leaned into his touch as he stroked my hair. I liked when Master gave me head rubs. We sat like this in silence for a few minutes before Master finally spoke.

"We will be going on a little road trip. I'm taking you to see a doctor about your nightmares to see if they can do anything to help you."

I instantly felt panicked and I shrank smaller in my spot on the floor and tucked my knees under my chin. Master wants to take me to a doctor so they can hurt me for keeping him awake. I failed as a pet and now Master is getting rid of me. Pets that go to see doctors never come back.

I had a friend at the petshop who got sick and the pet owner took her to a doctor and we never saw her again. Now that's going to happen to me.

I hadn't realised I was shaking and gasping for air until Master picked me up onto his lap and started rocking me and rubbing my back.

"I know what you are thinking pet but I promise I'm not mad at you and I'm not getting rid of you. They are just going to help you that's all. It's not the kind of doctor you're thinking of."

I calmed down a bit and Master put me down on the floor. "Now pet we are leaving tomorrow so tonight I want to make sure that you are clean and ready to go. You can bring your colouring book and because you will need your strength I won't be drinking fron you tonight." Master said. "I expect you to be on your best behaviour. If you embarrass me the doctor will be the least of your problems am I understood?" He spoke harsh and firm.

"Yes Master." I bowed my head to him. The last thing I ever wanted to do was to embarrass Master.

From the small information I had gotten from the humans that delivered my food each day, Master was a very highly respected person. I heard he was the owner of the biggest business in the country though I didn't know what company.

The rest of the day seemed to drag on. Master didn't go back to work instead he stayed with me in his room. He put some show on the TV that I didn't understand and it was very confusing to me. Vampire TV was too complicated to understand.

I sat on my beanbag and tried to focus on my colouring to stop my body from shaking with fear over the doctors tomorrow. When dinner came I found I had no appetite.