8

Janina Vela

I was busy checking my email when Donny came back from answering the phone call he received not more than five minutes ago.

"That was mom." He sat down.

"Oh, yeah?" My eyes were still on my laptop, scrolling through my unread mails.

"She said they're coming here. We're going to have dinner daw, you should come daw." He was busy with his phone.

I nodded, "Okay, I'll text mom na lang." I got my phone and started typing.

"Mom, the Pangilinans are inviting me for dinner here lang din sa Solenad. Is it okay? Pls tell dad too." I typed.

Not more than ten minutes after, mom replied. "Sure, anak. Paano ka uuwi? Sundo ka ba namin?" Her reply wrote.

"Dons, mom is asking if they should pick me up later after dinner?" I asked.

Donny shook his head no, "Ihahatid na lang kita." He smiled and I nodded.

"Huwag na daw po, ihahatid nalang ako ni Dons. Thanks, mom!" I typed my reply and hit send.

After that, I once again turned my attention to my laptop and attempted to finish a paper I was writing for a class on Tuesday.

Donny leaned towards me and took a peek at my laptop, "Naks, sipag!" he commended.

I chuckled, "Have you finished this paper already?" I asked.

"Of course." He paused. "Not." He frowned. Medyo natawa ako, "I'll cram that probably tomorrow after school." He chuckled.

"Tsk, tsk." I shook my head.

I tried to finish the paper with Donny's help. I also got him to start writing his.

"Come on! You're not gonna finish that tomorrow, promise." I convinced him.

"I didn't bring my laptop with me, how can I start working?" He shrugged.

"Use mine. I'm almost done with my paper naman na. I'll finish it later or tomorrow." I told him and gave him my laptop so he had no choice. I helped him a bit also.

After about an hour and half, Tita Maricel called Donny again to let us know that they've arrived so we packed our things and met up with them at a restaurant.

"Good evening po, Tita Maricel and Tito Anthony!" I said at nag beso ako sakanila.

"Good evening to you too, Janina!" They said as they welcomed me with an embrace.

"Hi, Ats. How have you been?" I asked, hugging Ate Ella.

"Been busy lately, but great!" She hugged me back. "And you? How's Brent treating you so far?" She asked.

"Brent is wonderful, Ats. I love it!" I smiled.

"I'm so glad you like it there, I love that school too." She smiled too. Ate Ella is so pretty, I thought to myself.

"Hi, Ats!" Benj greeted me and kissed my forehead. Benj always does this, he's the counterpart of Ryan. Ryan doesn't like kisses and he avoids it as much as possible specially when it's from me and Mom. I still love Ryan, though. Deep inside, he's a really sweet brother.