Part 1

SPOILERS
__________________

“Hey, when you were in Cali, weren't you friends with the motorcycle club there?” your friend asked.

“Yeah, why?” you said.

She handed you a newspaper, “Thought you might want to see this.” she said.

You took the paper and read the front page;

MOTORCYCLE CLUB LEADER DEAD

Jackson Teller, 32, was found dead on Highway 580 in San Joaquin County after a police chase. Officers on the scene say that Teller rode a blue motorcycle and let go of the handles and drifted into the other lane, crashing into a semi. His death is being ruled a suicide. Teller was President of the Sons of Anarchy Mother Chapter/Charter in Charming, California.

Your mouth was open in shock, “Thanks” you said, your voice cracking. You went into your office and shut the door. You threw the paper on your desk, and sat down and cried.

Jax was your best friend. He and the club were always there for you. You had the club’s protection if you ever needed it. That's how important you were to them. You didn't sleep with any of the members, you weren't a croweater. You were a friend. A young woman who happened upon the MC by accident.

You took your office phone and dialed the last number you got from one of the members, Chibs. “Come on. Come on.” you said under your breath.

“Hello?” he said, in that Scottish accent you adored.

“Chibs! Thank god. I thought I had the wrong number. It's (Y/N).” you said.

“(Y/N)? It's amazing to hear your voice again, darlin.” he said.

“Yours too. Hey, I just heard about Jax. The papers said it was a suicide. What happened?” you asked.

“Aye. It was a tragedy. The club voted for Jax to meet Mr. Mayhem. He killed Jury, prez of Indian Hills. A lot of shit happened. You remember Tara?” he asked.

“Yeah, good friend.” you said.

“She’s dead. We thought it was the Chinese, retaliation. But it was Gemma. She thought Tara was a rat, but was mistaken. And Tara paid for it.” he said.

You gasped, “Oh my god. Jesus. What happened to Gemma?” you asked.

“The inevitable. Jax killed her. She caused a lot of trouble for the club because of her mistake.” he said.

“Christ. That is so tragic. Now I understand why he killed himself. What about Abel?” you said.

“Him and Thomas, Jax’s son with Tara, went to Norco with Wendy and Nero, Gemma’s now ex-boyfriend.” he said.

You thought back to that one time Jax called you. You remembered how he told you Tara had taken the boys, how he thought she ratted. You remembered alot of what he said.

-

“I don't know what to do, (Y/N). I don't want Tara gone but she took the boys, to try and prevent them from knowing this life.” he said.

“Do you want them to know the life? To be a part of it?” you asked.

“I wouldn't wish this life on anyone. The torture, the death, violence. I wanted out. I did. I was gonna take Tara and my boys and go to Oregon. Away from the club.” he said.

“Why didn't you?” you asked.

“The club needed me. It was all falling apart.” he said.

-

“(Y/N), I think Jax was doin’ what JT did.” Chibs said.

“You think JT killed himself, too?” you asked.

“Aye. That's what Jury said to Jax before Jax killed him.” he said.

“Makes sense. In an odd way. A matter of legacy, I guess.” you said.

“We’re having a funeral for him in a few days. Think you can come down?” he asked.

“Most definitely. I’ll be there.” you said, and hung up.