On the side, Dale bit the inside of his mouth to stop himself from laughing out loud when Brycen's face turned green before going pale then absolutely red with fury, quite an interesting color show.

Brycen was new to wealth and Dale also knew that his friend was an ambitious person, very prideful and a bit conceited, but he never knew that he was actually such a bastard behind the back of everyone in their group when he usually acted like such a victim concerning his relationship with Isabel.

Maybe, if he hadn't insisted on meeting Isabel today to talk over his paternal rights peacefully and had gone ahead to handle things under the table, in the dark like Brycen had originally suggested, he would have continued not to know.

"Davi, come lie down, rest. Kim, you'll look after her."

"Leave it to me."

Isabel walked Davina over to the bed and made her lie down. Kim then helped her take off her shoes; she put up her feet then covered her up with the sheet.

"Mommy, where are you going?"

Phoenix latched onto Isabel's leg the second she realized that her mother was leaving. Isabel smiled as she pulled on her coat then crouched down to meet phoenix eye to eye. She brushed her dark hair from the little girl's face and tucked the strands that had escaped her hair band behind her ears.

"Don't worry. Stay here with Aunty Kim and Kelly and look after Aunty Davi, she's sick. Mommy and daddy have important things to talk about. I'll be back soon, okay."

Isabel kissed Phoenix's forehead then got up straight afterwards and turned to leave with Steven, Dale and the impatient Brycen.

"I love you." She whisper shouted with a wide grin as she slipped outside then closed the door behind her. Once the door was closed, the smile completely fell from Isabel's face and the three men received a huge shock as Isabel's entire aura took a drastic turn.

It was ice cold and even the light in her golden eyes was like the blunt shine of metal, a hard hitting impact would wrench your gut on coming into contact with those eyes and with the trench coat wrapped securely around her, it cave a her frosty outlook a sharp edge as the material stuck out from her soft and curvy frame.

Isabel had experienced life at its worst and it wasn't about not having money or a place to stay or not having anything to eat; life at its worst was when absolutely nobody wanted to see you well. Even if you were the most wealthy or powerful person, if no one wanted you to prosper, then you could only walk the path to hell.

Experiencing that kind of life and living through it would change anyone, Isabel was no exception. Although on the outside she looked the same, she still smiled, she still laughed and she cared, that was only towards the people she deemed important or worthy of her time and affection.

It was only after Brycen had taken Kelvin and Phoenix from her that Isabel had become aware of these repulsive emotions that left her trapped in an endless cycle of hate and self-loathing and she had finally woken up to the truth; but by then, it was too late.

Though she was usually a passive type of person and she would never snub anyone unjustly, Isabel would also not waste her time and energy in trying to please the rest of the world and if someone provoked her too much, she wouldn't just sit there like a pillow and take it.

The fact was, her heart was colder than the arctic and though it was not hard for her to share her 'good will' only her friends and family could possibly home to access the warmth that was 'her affection' in this lifetime.

This was the first time since her rebirth Isabel had showed her true self to anyone and she enjoyed the response.

"Gentlemen, let's not waste time. There's a café across the street from the hospital; that should do for the discussion, right?"

Without waiting for any of them to respond, Isabel turned on her heels and sashayed away with elegance and poise that didn't look the least bit exaggerated. It was casual and natural with a bit of seductive enticement in the sway of her hips.

After taking ten or so steps, Isabel suddenly stoppeed and performed a beautiful turn. Looking back, her cold countenance held a radiant kind of beauty that made her next action of raising her eyebrow seem devilish.

"Not coming?"

Those two words were the trigger to finally waking up the three men who were still frozen in front of the room door.

The first to respond was Steven, pushing his glassed up his nose, he lowered his head to hide the redness in his face as he moved forward, continuously reminding himself in his head that he was a married man who loved his wife and son.

Next was Dale. He didn't instantly move forward, but like Steven, he did have to readjust the glasses that had slid down his face then he stood and sized Isabel up from head to toe; he was finding this woman more and more interesting with every moment. Feeling his probing gaze, Isabel smiled and tilted her head.

"If you like, you can take a photo Mr. Winters, it will last much longer and you can look at it after we finish our discussion."

Although his face didn't turn red, the tips of Dale's ear turned hot and he coughed twice in an awkward manner before bowing politely.

"Please excuse Ms. Rogers, that was rude of me."

"No harm done." Isabel waved it off. "But we really should be going; Brycen, I thought you were busy?"

Turning to the last person that had yet to move, Isabel didn't hide the teasing lilt in her voice as she jeered at him childishly, however she was disappointed. She had scared him too much that he went into a quail and now not a hint of expression could be seen on his face although she knew for a fact that the man's mind was in chaos. Boring!

She didn't bother talking anymore and turned around again, heading for the elevator where Steven was waiting for them. However, just as the elevator doors opened and they were about to step in, a small figure came hurtling around the corner and crashed directly into Isabel, making her stumble and if not for Dale and Steven who reached out to support her she would have fallen, however the other person wasn't so fortunate and was thrown down.

""Are you alright?""

"I'm fine, thank you." Isabel smoothly retrieved both her arms from both men who then became very awkward then she looked at who had crashed into her and immediately the icy air around her dispersed like clouds after the rain.

"Zac?"

The little boy was sitting on the floor, his face streaming with tears and mucus, his pretty eyes red from crying. He had been a little disoriented from his fall, but on hearing someone call his name he looked up and was surprised to see the kind, pretty lady he had met only a few days ago.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong? Are you hurt" Isabel crouched down to check on him but didn't expect that the moment she was just about to reach the lowest point, the little boy would suddenly rush forward, plowing into her embrace and knocking her on her butt.

"Wahh! Wuwuwuw! Waaahh...."

Isabel was frightened by his sudden outburst, but feeling the small, trembling frame leaning against her in a desperate attempt for comfort, she didn't hesitate to wrap her arms around him and stroke his back carefully and gently, shushing him and whispering sweet words of comfort, but her eyes were cold.

This was the second time that she was meeting Zac and once again he was without any kind of supervision! 

Really, it wasn't any of her business, but Isabel really wanted to meet this little boy's father once so that she could send him to fuck his ancestors!