Why?

BinCheng Hospital Front Doors, 26th May 2162, 10:58 A.M

There was a couple standing outside the door, staring directly into each other, the girl looked at the man in front of her with an expression as if he had killed her family; on the other hand, the man was only staring at the girl with sorrow and pity.

She wore casual clothes, a white jacket with a white T-Shirt underneath, blue jeans and red sneakers with a purple cap that hid her natural beauty. Her hood was behind her so her jet-black hair cascaded down.

The girl was Feng Jia, she was stunned at her fiance's words.

"Jia'er... I don't think this relationship is going to happen." He said holding her hands while trying to soften his tone as if Feng Jia was a frightened beast.

"What?" She asked as if she didn't hear those words.

"I said that this isn't going to work out..." He replied gritting his teeth awaiting a slap from Feng Jia.

"Why?" She asked with those unusually calm eyes and monotone voice, the man was shocked. Normally, girls in these kinds of situation would slap the man and angrily criticise him but she was not concerned about whether or not to hit him, just the reason as to why the relationship wouldn't work out.

"Because...because we are on.... two different levels," He started clenching her hands tightly.

"Hahahahaha! Two different levels? Are you saying that I'm a princess and you're just a lowly commoner or I'm a peasant and you're the emperor." She began laughing crazily at his response freeing her hands from his grip.

"What! No! Not at all!" He tried to explain as he reached out for her hands but he was stopped by Feng Jia.

"Don't worry Young Master Hai" She added more emphasis on the 'Young Master Hai'. "I understand that you are like a star burning brightly in the sky and I'm just a lowly gold digger trying to seduce you isn't that right?" She sarcastically continued on before a red sports car zoomed past her and nearly hit her as it then parked near Young Master Hai.

"Sis stop coercing Big Brother Hai!" A voice came out, the source was a girl who was wearing a tight fitting dress which exposed some skin and cleavage. Her name was Feng Jue, she was the second daughter of the Feng House with the first obviously being Feng Jia She seemed like a prostitute compared to the cold Ice Queen of a sister she had.

"Coercing? I didn't know asking for an explanation means coercing." Feng Jia said mockingly while giving a 'Tch' sound.

"Don't bully Little Sis Jue!" Young Master Hai said while putting himself in front of Feng Jue who was 'cowering' behind his back. This Young Master Hai was Hai Xia of the Hai Family, the leader of the mechanical side of the industry, his net worth was estimated to be over 50 million and that and his assets were expected to increase exponentially.

"Weren't we supposed to be a couple or are you two a couple." Feng Jia lifted her eyebrows looking at the overprotectiveness they showed between themselves. In fact, the doubt increased as she saw her sister's look of infatuation at her fiance and she then shook her head. "No wonder you want to break off the marriage, all because of her right?" She looked like a girl overwhelmed with jealousy trying to break this 'perfect couple' in front.

"Well uh.." Young Master Hai tried to explain himself yet he couldn't find any words and continued to stammer. It was the same for Feng Jue but Feng Jia only coldly stared at them and pulled off the ring on her finger and threw it on the ground stamping on it.

"There! Now we have no relations whatsoever!" She said smiling as she then entered her BMW and drove off leaving the couple still dumbfounded at the events. When she was on the motorway, however, she felt like shit and started to cry. Her sister had an affair with her fiance and he decided to break off the marriage with her for her sister.

She tried to keep calm but she was torn to shreds over and over mentally. She cried out 'Why?' multiple times before being awoken from her trauma by a car horn and she drove off. By 12 A.M, she reached her abode, Meng Xia Garden, where she was greeted by two figures both old and older.

"Dad... Grandpa... Jia'er is home." She said rushing into both their arms crying profusely, they were stunned by her sudden outburst and hug but they both consoled her.

"There there your old man and your Grandpa are here to help." Her dad said stroking her head in an attempt to calm her down. Her grandpa tried to mingle in the family issues by forcefully separating his son away from her granddaughter to hug as well.

"Mostly your Grandpa will help." He said as he was met with a stare from his son who was unfairly separated from his baby girl. He escorted her to his room and had a long talk.

"That unfilial granddaughter of mine! Stealing my little peach's husband away from her! I'll make sure she'll get punished!" He said angrily at Feng Jia getting bullied but then offered a solution to help her. "Little Jia, I can help you forget all this but it comes with a price..."

"It doesn't matter anything is good if it can make me forget them." She steadily responded.

"It involves a life where your hands will always be dirtied... are you sure about it now?"

She was shocked at first and hesitated. When did grandpa get a connection to the underworld!? In the end, however, she nodded firmly. It was time for her to live in a different environment than the pampering she normally had.