"So, you have to know that we are not like Austin" A brown man added without I can see his face, like if my mind erases him.

"I hope so, if not I'm gonna have some trouble with your Chief for kicking your ass".

"What ?" Otis shouted whereas the other Boden's men laugh.

Truck 81. Squad 3. Ambo 61. Circulation accident...

When I regain my minds, I was alone in the common room. Who the hell is Welch? And why can I not see the face of the other firefighter? I need to know no matter what.

Without really thinking, I let a note on the table in the common room for Herrmann which I said clearly that I need to go to Austin to be sure of something. Before I walk away to the station, I stopped myself in front of the giant cart of the city hooked to the wall. Austin is at a few blocks away from 51.

On the road for Austin, I can't stop wondering if I'm making the right choice. If... Currently, I don't even know what is the right choice.

Faster than I can imagine, I arrived at my former firehouse. With less stress than earlier, I cross the apparatus floor and lead me to the common room.

"GUYS !" A stupid man yelled when he saw me. "Look who is here!"

"Are you lost, Smith? Or maybe you want more than the last time we're just together?" Another stupid guy responding to the name of Buckett laughed.

"I just want to see Welch" I said without any facial expression.

"I'm not pretty sure he wants to see you after what you did to our firehouse" Buckett retorted.

"You know what? I don't care! I want to see Welch. Now!" I bloomed without even understand what they mean about "the last time we're just together?" or "after what you did to our firehouse".

"Calm down, Sweetie". Buckett laughed again.

"I swear I'm gonna "sweetie" you something in your face if you continue to play this unripe game!"

The fireman of Austin looks at me from head to toes before to go and get his superior.

"What do you want? You don't think you destroyed this station enough?" This later screamed.

"Happy to see you too Lieutenant" I ironized.

"What the hell do you want?" Welch repeated.

Well for my first day as a candidate, I didn't except that "Welcome!" from my Lieutenant.

"I'm Charly Smith, the new candidate" I introduced myself.

"Sorry Sweetie, no girl in my firehouse."

"So we gonna have a problem. I'm here now and I intend to stay" I declared.

"So yeah we have a problem. Listen, me I like sleeping with women not working with" Welch grumbled just for me. "Now, will change you that we're seeing if you're as a big mouth as a good firefighter." 

"I just want to talk with you" I announced.

"Maybe but I refuse to talk with you."

"I don't think I let you the choice" I replied sure of myself.

"Get out of here! GET OUT OF MY FIREHOUSE!"

"Asshole!" I mumbled before walking away from this damn firehouse.

After this useless attempt to find out more about my past, I decided to take a stroll through the streets of the windy city in order to change my mind. Something must have happened for Welch to welcome me like that, but what? After a couple hours walking in the streets of Chicago, I rejoined the Firehouse of Chief Boden.

"Don't dare do that again!" Casey shouted.

"Do what?"

"Go alone in Austin. Go away from here whereas you just coming home" Matthew explained.

"What happened in Austin?" I asked.

"I don't think you need to..."

"Ready to go to Molly's?" Herrmann interrupted us.

"Yeah" I nodded. "If you don't want to tell me, Matty, I'm gonna find it alone".

Matty. I don't even know why I said that: it came alone. Maybe that was the nickname I gave him. I don't know and that makes me crazy. 

During the whole trip to Molly's, Christopher told me the story of his bar to the fire rescue from the veteran of the army passing by the stupid guys of Oregon. I have to admit that Molly's is a pretty cute bar. A small bar with some accustomed and a lot of Chicago's heroes. The ambiance here is so hearty and domestic.

"Nice bar" I admitted sitting on one of the stools.

"I told you so!" Chris' smiled. "What do you want to drink?"

"No alcohol or not for now. Just a lemonade, please" I asked. 

I passed the major party of my night waiting for the fireman who is supposed to be the one who brings me out of this damn car. Lemonade lets place to beer and beer to vodka. 

"I'm sorry Charly but Severide doesn't come tonight!" Herrmann apologized. 

"Hide the donuts, Squad is here!" Lieutenant Casey yelled while the men of the Squad 3 put off their turnout gear. 

"Don't dare eat all the donuts again, Matty!" A tall man replied in the same tone. This guy is the same than earlier, the same who I can't see his face. 

"I swear it's not me. It's Smith!" 

"What?" I shouted pretending to be outraged. "I swear I'm gonna pin you down and kick your ass as I did to my former colleagues, Matty!" 

"Your new candidate gonna bite you, Casey!" The other fireman laughed.

"Can you for once stop thinking that I'm the candidate! I'm the damn new firefighter on this damn Truck" I replied. 

"I bet that in less than a week I have her application on my desk to be on Squad" The no-face man replied. 

"No way, Severide!". 

"The Earth to Charlotte" Herrmann interrupted.

"Ah, don't call me Charlotte! I always prefer Charly and you know that Grandpa!" I confessed. "It's late, I should go." 

"And where?"

"Maybe a hotel or..."

"No way!" The Bartender refused. "You're gonna coming back home with me. I have an empty guest room. So now it's your."

_____________________________
Hey guys!💙
I'm finally here with a new chapter 😂
Hope you enjoyed it! If yes or if not let me a vote and comment 🙈
See u soon!❤

PS: Sorry, again, for my sentences' mistakes but English isn't my first language.