Chapter 1: Give Up (revised)

Start from the beginning

"Oh can it Ash!" Misty barked fiercely.

That made Ash frown. Him and Pikachu shared an unnoticed glance, as they both came to the same conclusion: Something bad is about to happen. They decided to comply for the moment and looked around the room, waiting for someone else to continue.

Brock picked up where Paul left off. "Ash, we're getting tired of this." He spoke in a slightly annoyed tone, though Ash noticed he was much softer than Paul and Misty were.

"Tired of what?" Ash rose an eyebrow.

"Tired of you losing every league you come upon." Max remarked. "Every time we have seen you battle in a league, you never win it. You say you can become a Pokémon master, but how can you do that if you haven't even done something simple like that? I mean, it's not-"

"Not what?" Ash cut him off. "Max, you don't get it. First off, winning a league isn't a piece of cake. I've faced so many opponents that are really strong and have more experience or luck than me. I'd like to see you try to win your first league as a 10 year old too. And second, I just won the Alolan League and I beat the Battle Frontier and Orange League."

"Oh please. The Battle Frontier isn't a league, and Goodshow doesn't allow the Orange Islands to count as a league." May commented. "And as for the Alolan League, we watched it on television. Not only was that a trial league, but it's pretty obvious you cheated!" She accused.

"WHAT!?" "PIKA!?" Ash and Pikachu cried out in shock. "What do you mean I cheated!?

"You weren't even in Alola for a full year and most of your Pokémon were way too powerful to have been some of your newer catches. On top of that, there's no way Pikachu should have won against a deity of Alola without some form of drug enhancement." Trip stated. "That is, unless Alola really is just that weak." He mocked.

That was the last straw for Ash. "THAT'S IT! YOU CAN SAY ALL YOU WANT ABOUT ME, BUT YOU CAN NEVER SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ME FALLING SO LOW AS TO DRUG MY POKEMON!"

"Ash, that's enough!" Delia yelled from the other room. "We all just want you to find another path. One that will make you successful and not resort to abuse. It's not fair to your Pokémon to do that to them."

Ash's heart dropped. His own mother even sided against him. 'She really just...' He couldn't bear to finish the thought. Ash looked at everyone in the room one last time with a large amount of malice as Pikachu sparked angrily on his shoulder.

"If that's what you want, then my answer is no. Now I'm leaving before you all make me do something I might regret." Ash ran out the door with Pikachu before anyone could get up. As he left, he could feel malice and almost killing intent coming out from behind him.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

He was walking along the path to Professor Oak's lab grumbling to himself in anger. "What is wrong with them? They should know I wouldn't drug my Pokémon to win a match." He muttered under his breath. "Why is it that they can't seem to let me celebrate my first official league victory!?"

"Pika pi. Pikachu pi." Pikachu nuzzled his trainer affectionately in a slight attempt to calm him down.

Ash managed to form a smile and rub under his partner's chin. "You're right buddy. If they don't believe in us, then they clearly don't know who we are anymore.

"Who doesn't know you?" A feminine voice spoke up behind him.

"Huh?" Ash turned his head to look behind him.

Before him stood a girl with long, Lilac hair and somewhat pale skin. She wore skinny jeans and a purple t-shirt with a purple backpack. She had on black fingerless gloves and held a curious gaze in her expression as she stared at Ash. An Espeon was standing next to her, looking at Ash and Pikachu with interest while the girl gave a questioning look.