Why I fight?

Book I - The True
Chapter VI
Why I fight?

"I can't believe she stopped me," I said as I storm through the castle's hall.

"Captain Fijian," a random soldier said as he stand at solute.

"What is it soldier," I said with the anger in my voice.

"I apologise of my timing," he replied as he lowered his hand.

When I looked up I saw the fear in his eyes, I said, "soldier, do you need something or you just want to waste my time."

"Yes, General Morin need to see you immediately," he said as he straighten his arms along his sides and his back upright.

"Morin, why would he want to see me?" I wondered to myself before I walked off.

As I walk down the hall passing all the guards their movements quickly began to slowed, and the hall seem to increase with every step with a sudden stop I simultaneously launch my sword into the wall, "why are you here?" I asked.

"Is that the way to greet an old friend," something said as it's laughter echoed through the halls.

"Reveal yourself demon," I commanded.

The walls slowly sketch and pull until a dark figure walked out, " dear Fijian, how long have it been," it said as it slowly pick up my sword.

"Stop acting like we're friends," I said as I grabbed my sword, " you have no business doing here."

"You know why I'm here?" it said as it slowly began to walk toward me , " You don't have much time left," as it walked passed me vanishing into the wall.

I slowly slide my sword back into it's scabbard, slowly continue down the hall, when I arrive at the door I knocked twice and kick in the doors, " I told you when you recruited me why I joined this army in the first place, not because I agree in the future you wish to build, I have my own objectives and with every passing minute it seen to slowly drifting away from our agreement," I explained.

The other four guards began to draw their swords then one said, "betrayal to the Koto imperial army is punishable by death."

"The big dog are talking, I'll need to put these mutts in their place," I said before I snapped my fingers as each guard vanished from existence.

"Young Fijian, have some control, I remember our agreement and I am working toward it," he explained.

"My time is run out, Captain Morin, I need to get the sword of time and to kill the was master of Cronus," I said.

"It see with the extended used of your abilities it's speeding your time, a minor inconvenience I will just move plan faster, it's now the time for war," he explained as he slowly stood up.

I just stood there while he drew his sword, "the time of darkness mark the day of chaos, Erebus curse this land," he said as his blade went black," I did meant to asked but why the interest in killing a god?"

"I don't understand sir," I replied.

"You made a deal with a god and it's power is destroying your body," as he explained, " If you kill Cronus's master your pain won't stop, now so why force your body to endure that sin and to live and die with that pain?"