Chapter 15

On the next morning, Tory didn't wake up to her daily run with the supersoldiers. When she got out of bed, most likely the Avengers were already training. The woman was mentally and physically preparing herself for what was about to happen.

She changed into jeans and a tank top and went to the kitchen, too lazy to even think about doing squats and sparring today. She got a bowl on the cupboard and filled it with some oatmeal and milk, getting distracted in her thoughts while eating.

Victoria didn't notice when Clint and Natasha entered the room, dripping sweat, both of them laughing with each other. Seeing Tory sat, Nat thought it was a great opportunity to tease her friend a little bit more about the unspoken thing with Steve. Little did she know that the brunette was locked inside her head, and it was a bad idea to disturb her at these moments.

"Good morning sunshine!" the redhead exclaimed, opening the fridge to get some water. Tory muttered something incoherent and kept messing with the rest of the food that was on the bowl.

"So... Barnes told me he saw Steve sneaking out of your room in the morning," Natasha commented, sliding on the stool beside the brunette.

"We did nothing, literally just slept," Tory said staring at the bowl. Everything planned about what she would do when entering the interrogation room. Nat was only trying to make her admit her feelings for the soldier, that was a fact, but even Tory wasn't sure about what she felt towards him.

Getting up from the stool, she put the dirty dish in the sink and turned to leave.

"Have you seen Barnes?" Tory asked, staring at Romanoff and Barton.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today," Clint suggested, looking at the two women, smugly expression on his face.

"Or she just missed some supersoldier warmth in the morning," Nat guessed, moving around the kitchen.

"Nat please, not today."

"Why so serious?" the redhead questioned, a smirk on her lips.

"Hmm... Tell Buck I'm waiting for him on the detention floor. I wanna start this as soon as possible," Tory responded, ignoring Nat quoting the Joker. She exited the kitchen, the two supersoldiers just outside the door.

"Meet me downstairs in 15."

...

They were just waiting for Steve to arrive. Rollings had already been brought to the room. Buck looked at him, making comments on where to start.

"I was thinking we could start with Evans," Tory said, her back to the one-way mirror.

"He'll be easier. And after we're done, we can even use him as a warning, show Rollings what awaits."

"Fine for me," the soldier agreed, asking for the guy responsible for the monitors to tell the guards to bring the other man to the room. She looked at the hallway, seeing Steve and Nat approaching.

"Let's start."

Tory went to the metal door, Buck beside her, cold and serious stances. Nat and Steve stood by the one-way mirror, looking inside the room, waiting for them to enter. Steve had never seen her torturing someone, or interrogating. He wasn't sure if it was a side of her he wanted to know. Nat, on the other hand, had already experienced what was happening and at the time, she was the person inside the room, acting like the sidekick, the support. Natasha knew how merciless Victoria could be if she wanted to.

When both brunettes got into the room, the HYDRA man tensed up, moving his cuffed hands nervously.

"So we encounter again," Tory declared, emotionless, voice as cold as ice. Bucky placed himself near the wall, eyes like a hawk, observing the scene unfolding in front of him.