I arrived at the conference room where I held my meetings. As well as running a boarding house I also owned the number one company for blood distribution. Freshly collected from our blood farms and shipped all over the country to our customers.

There are a lot of blood distribution companies but mine was the best by far. I had discovered a way to make blood richer with better tastes. Only the most trusted employees knew the secret to Lyncurol Blood. We have had people try to steal it but never succeeded. It helps to have a few fake factories set up with false ways of producing the formula.

"Hi Chris. What's on the agenda today?" I asked as I sat down.

Chris was very tall and skinny. His light brown hair was short to his scalp. His green eyes were so dark they could almost pass for brown. Chris was the head of my supply and distribution department. He was also my second in command for when I am away on trips and need someone to run the company for me. He had been my most trusted employee and business partner for 150 years.

"Mr Martin wants to speak with you about a shipping issue." Chris answered. His voice deep and scratchy as he looked over the ipad in his hands.

I sighed as I knew this would be a long afternoon and asked him to show Mr Martin in.

It was very late by the time I had finished with my meetings. All of my meetings are the same. Customers complaining that their shipments are late and suppliers making excuses.

My fangs ached and my throat was itchy with thirst. By the time the meetings were over I was ready to drain an entire store of humans.

Going without blood won't kill us but its definitely uncomfortable. Like fire spreading through our veins getting worse and worse until you'd rather die than be alive.

I had gone through a similar feeling a few centuries ago with an old friend of mine. Michael. I sighed and shook my head clear of those thoughts as I headed back to my room.

I opened my door to find the lights were on, curtains were drawn and the smell of food filled the room. A tray was on the counter probably brought up by a alave and my new pet was sitting upright in her cage playing with her hair.

I smiled upon seeing her. I hadn't stopped thinking about her the whole time I was in my meetings. I was wondering if I'd still find her here or if she had run off.

"Did you have a good nap pet?" I asked her gently and sat down at my desk and patted my knee for her to come over.

She crawled out of her cage and sat in front of me on her knees and her head down. "Yes Master I did thank you for asking."

She's so polite. I put my hand under her chin and lifted it up so she was looking at me. I ran my thumb along her jaw and down to her throat. I could hear her heart racing and her breathing got faster. I gently put my hand around her throat and squeezed ever so slightly and she opened her mouth a little in a gasp and shuffled slightly on her knees.

"Stand up pet." I said and I watched as she quickly got to her feet and kept her head bowed in submission.

I stood up from my desk and moved a strand of hair away from her neck. I could see her pulse through her translucent skin and licked my lips.

I removed my jacket and then my tie before slipping my shirt over my head. My muscles were clearly visible and I had a very toned set of abs. I worked very hard to get into shape. Vampires have strength and muscles beyond humans as it was but mine exceeded even a vampire's natural state. I had spent centuries living off of animal blood which meant I had to be stronger in muscle as I wasn't as strong as human drinkers.