I wanted to see just how much of an obedient pet she would be and watched as she crawled over to me and then sat back on her heels with her hands on her knees. I instructed her to get comfortable as I grabbed the table from the side of the room.

It wasn't much but it was very low only a foot from the ground so she could eat her food from there. I know she is accustomed to eating from a bowl but I like to treat my pets with a bit of class. Not too much that they start to get back chatty or feel as if they are equal but enough that they at least feel a bit more special than they would at the pet shop.

I walked over to my desk where the food tray had been placed and I took the meal I had prepared for her. It was on a cheap plate and she had standard metal cutlery but compared to what she had before she looked as if I'd given her crystal and gold.

"This will be your plate from now on and you will use cutlery to eat with. I don't want food to get all over my carpet or make you messy." I explained as I showed her how to use the fork and spoon since she'd never used them before.

I could see her biting her bottom lip slightly and I asked her what was wrong. She didn't answer straight away wondering how to ask me without offending me or being rude. It was amusing to watch her try to ask for anything.

"What is this food Master?" She asked and then her eyes went wide. "Not that I'm not grateful for it Master I've just never seen it before."

I chuckled. "It's OK to ask questions I'm not going to get mad at you for not knowing something. I would rather you ask for me to tell you than you be unsure on something and mess up."

I gave her a small head pat. "This is beef, carrots and cabbage. It will help you to gain a bit more weight so you are healthy and it will increase your red blood cells. I'm sure you'll like it."

I went over to my desk and sat down watching as Mia slowly lifted a piece of beef to her mouth and I saw her eyes go wide and she smiled as she ate more of it. She seemed weary of the carrots but seemed to enjoy them. I could tell she was not a fan of the cabbage at all but she still ate it all pulling a face here and there as she did.

Once she was done I went back over to her to get her plate to leave on the tray outside the door. I gave her another small head pat and I noticed how she leaned in a bit when I did. I made a note in my head that she enjoys head pats.

Rewards and punishments are a good way to train a pet. If they do something right and you reward them they are more likely to continue that behaviour. As a respected and powerful man I expect only the best from my pets. After all their actions reflect on me.

Even though it was only late afternoon I could see she was getting tired and I had meetings to get to so I showed her over to her new cage. It was next to my bed and was padded on the inside with small cushions for her head and a blanket. I watched her eyes widen at the sight and I chuckled slightly.

"I'm going to go do some work and while I'm gone you are to remain in your cage unless you need the bathroom. I won't be locking it as I'm trusting you. You are allowed to go to sleep while I'm out and I'll wake you when I'm back."

I held the cage door open for her and she crawled in and got comfortable on padded mattress. It was a big enough cage for her to properly stretch out in so she didn't need to be curled up and she could sit up in it as well.

I shut the cage door but didn't lock it as I heard a small yawn leave her mouth. I watched as she curled up under her new blanket and fell asleep almost instantly. I watched her sleep for a few minutes before I left for my meetings.

She is seems to be a good pet. Better than my last pet in any case. I scowled at the memory of that brat and shook it from my mind. I am determined that Mia will meet my standards.