An off day

The following day wasn't so good for me. It all started when I woke up on the couch, I must have passed out while watching their cartoon. The memory of that strange dream passed through my mind, making my head hurt. I wasn't sure what it was, was it a memory, I couldn't tell because it hurt my head more trying to think about it. I tried shrugging it off and made my way to the kitchen for breakfast. I started making toast, but I slipped on a damp sponge someone left on the floor, falling over and squashing the whole loaf of bread. I let out an annoyed sigh, today was going to be one of those days.

After replacing the bread I squashed, I went to buy something to eat instead, only for Wrecking ball to lap my breakfast up before I could eat it. I settled on cold cereal instead. On the way to a mission briefing, I was running and slipped in a large puddle of drool while running past Slobber tooth, I bumped into Bumble blast, thankfully not disturbing his bees, but still stumbling into a leaf pile and getting up a mess. The honey gluing leaves, dirt, and sticks all over me. There were plenty of Skylanders who I'm sure would never let me live that down.

The mission ended up going to Sunburn instead, so I walked home in defeat. The water heater wasn't working so I took a cold shower, and once again slipped on something as I stepped out, my head hitting the side of the tub. After getting into some fresh clothes, I went downstairs to open a can of spinach to heat up, only to cut my finger and drop the can, causing it to go every where. I cleaned my mess and just stumbled upstairs in defeat, my friends not saying a single word as I went to bed. It was still noon, but I didn't feel like doing anything anymore.

"Flame?" Stealth asked, knocking on the door before stepping inside and sitting on the edge of the bed. "Are you okay?" She asked. I buried my face in my pillow and sighed. I definitely wasn't annoyed by her, just at my luck and that dream. "Bad day, huh?" She asked. I nodded. "Look, it'll be fine," she said, "I won't drag you out of bed, but I hope you don't stay here all day." As she left, I let out another sigh before taking a nap.

The wagon traveled faster and faster, going down the dirt road as villagers tried to stop it. Drow shot at them with their bows, skillfully dealing with the pitchfork armed farmers. The wagon shook violently, and the cage Sparx had been thrown into rocked violently back and forth, the poor child being shaken inside, until a big pothole made the cage fly out the back and tumble down a hill. It finally came to a violent halt as it slammed against a big rock, Sparx practically being thrown towards the sudden wall. Surprisingly, he hadn't been knocked out. He began crying as the drow came back to get him.

"I told you to tie it down!" The female scolded. "You didn't tell me jack!" The lead male hissed back. While the two bickered, one of the others grabbed the cage and slung it over his shoulder, shaking Sparx inside it again. However he was the one who finally noticed Sparx crying. "Shut up you little freak!" He yelled, making sure to slam the cage down on the floor of the wagon, before tying it down loosely and covering it with a tight sheet.

I woke up just as someone spurred the horse in my dream. Panting and sweating, I looked over at the clock to see how long I'd been sleeping. Only two hours. I climbed out of bed and shakily made my way downstairs for some soda.

"Woah, Flame..." Said Spyro when he noticed my shaking, "are you alright? You don't look so good." I nodded, though to be honest I was really shaken. Everything didn't seem alright all of a sudden.