Dresses and Disasters

Sophie didn't think finding a dress would be that hard.

Oh how wrong she was.

Edaline was going through all of the stores, buying every dress Sophie said she liked. In the end they had fifteen dresses, nine pieces of jewelry and five pairs of shoes.

They were just finishing up at a jewelry shop, when Sophie found something that caught her eye.

A Black Swan ring.

"Edaline," Sophie called.

Edaline turned around and saw what Sophie was pointing at.

"Do you want it?" She ask kindly.

Sophie nodded her head, and Edaline picked it up and bought it.

* * *

When Sophie got home, Edaline made her try on all the dresses. Most of them made her look like she was a Disney Princesses.

In the end, Sophie decided on a red, lantern sleeved, long dress. She would wear her hair down with the black swan ring on her middle finger.

The dance in five days, so she had time to plan for everything.

Sophie walked downstairs to find Grady reading scrolls at the table, and Edaline making mallowmelt.

Sophie sat beside Grady and fidgeted with the linen on the table. "How was your day, Grady?"

"It was fine," He huffed.

Sophie figured he was upset about her and Keefe dating, so she decided to leave it at that.

She turned to Edaline. " "I'm going to hang out with Verdi,"

"Okay," Edaline said. "Just don't stay out too late,"

Sophie nodded and walked outside to Verdi's pasture.

Hey Verdi, Sophie transmitted.

Verdi made a weird noise, so Sophie decided to get her a treat. Sophie walked to the shed near the other pastures and grabbed a snack for her.

Afterwards, she sat under Calla's tree, remembering she and Keefe's dance. It had felt so natural, like she and Keefe were meant to dance through life together.

Thinking about Keefe, she watched the waves. Then, thunder cracked and the sky split, a sparkly Alicorn flying through the blue sky.

"Silveny!" Sophie shouted.

The happy Alicorn filled her head with words: Sophie! Fly! Safe! Sophie! Keefe! Safe!

Sophie laughed and transmitted back, Yes I'm safe, are you?

Safe!

Good! Sophie transmitted.

Silveny touched down on the grass and huffed. Fly! Fly! Fly! Fly!

Let me go ask Edaline. She told her.

Sophie ran inside went to the kitchen. "Where's Edaline?" She asked Grady when she didn't see her mom in the room.

"She went to go see Juline." Grady answered. "What do you need?"

"Nothing..." She said. Sophie didn't know why, but she didn't want to ask Grady. He seemed too angry.

She ran back outside and up to Silveny. Sorry Silveny, I can't fly with you.

Fly! Fly! Fly! Fly! Fly!

Sophie shook her head. No, I can't fly.

Silveny huffed at her again. Then something happened that she didn't expect.

Silveny grabbed her shirt and dragged her to the cliff. She nudged Sophie off the edge.

Sophie screamed, forgetting she could teleport. Then right as Sophie's feet were about to touch the water, Silveny swooped from under her, and teleported them away.