Nandini looked at him blankly.

Nandini: Tum jo mann main aaye woh karo aur main tumse naaraz bhi nahi ho sakti.

Manik frantically nodded his head.

Manik:Ni ni....Tum naaraz ho sakti ho. Bilkul ho sakti ho. Bas chup mat raho.

Nandini sighed

Nandini: toh tum kya chahte ho? Main ladna ni chahti tumse. Hum pichle do din se.....Infact talent hunt ke pehle se practically har din lad rahe hai. Ab main aur nahi lad sakti.

Manik engulfed her in a bear hug.

Manik: I am sorry.....I am sorry.....please forgive me. Please.....I am such a bad boyfriend. Maine khud promise kiya tha that I wouldn't let you cry aur yahan main khud tumhe rula raha hoon. Please maaf kardo.

Nandini: main tumse naaraz nahi hoon.....AB.

Nandini whispered in the hug choosing her words wisely. Manik broke the hug and looked at her. He faintly smiled and wiped away her tears. Buzzing a kiss on her forehead, he picked her in his arms and carefully placed her on the bed. Again buzzing her forehead he walked towards the door and locked it.

Nandini was looking at him. She could see right through his eyes that he was breaking inside. She could also see the guilt and regret in them. As soon as Manik settled beside her she hugged him tightly. Manik hugged her back tightly.

They didn't need words to understand each other. One touch was enough to understand each other. One look at each others face was enough to tell what the other was going through. They could feel each other and knew each other better.

Manik: I regret my past actions. I don't want to say anything that would justify my acts cause maine jo kiya woh galat hai. Aur koi bhi justification deke main yeh prove nahi karna chahta ki main sahi tha. Maine galat kiya aur main sorry hoon.

Nandini didn't move away from him. She simply raised her head while Manik lowered his head and pecked her eye lids.

Nandini: kya Fab5 jaanta tha tumne jo kiya uske baare main??

Manik: Nahi.....Fab5 ko baad main pata chala. Uss din woh log bohot hurt hue the......

Nandini kept looking at him. Manik's fingers were caressing her hair. Both of them were sitting in half laying position on the bed, their backs resting with the help of the pillow. Both of them cuddled close.

Manik: woh.....jis din the principal caught us.....We were made to wait outside the Principal's cabin....uss din na Cabir Mukti Alya Dhruv and Veebha sab itne daare hue the......For the first time I saw fear in their eyes. The kind of fear that we all had overcome long back and seeing that fear in their eyes made me feel restless and helpless jiski wajah se leaving them outside I alone went inside the Cabin and took the entire blame on me.

Nandini was looking at him keenly. As Manik narrated, Nandini clearly saw the feeling of helplessness and the fear of losing his friends in his eyes. She kissed his heart.

Manik: Phir principal ne Dad ko call kiya but like always he was too busy in his business deals and then the principal called Nyonika who used this as a weakness. She threatened me, she said she would take me away from Warrior High and all my friends. I was scared. Thinking that the matter had ended with the last warning I was all cool and then along with Fab5 registered our names in the interschool competition. But that's when I got to know about Nyonika's true colours. It was the finale I was getting ready and that's when I was called in the Principal's cabin. I went thinking what have I done now! Aur wahan maine dekha ki Nyonika was standing there waiting for me. Usne bola ki if I step on that stage to sing then she would take me away. Aur agar baat sirf meri hoti na toh shayad I would have rebelled and gone on the stage that day. Lekin nahi Nyonika ne bola ki mere saath saath woh Sab ke parents ko bata degi ki sach kya hai aur Unka career bhi spoil kar degi. Aur sirf issi wajah se main uss din stage pe nahi gaya.