Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Luke practically skipped to his room; he was filled with so much glee. After decades of misery and torment, inflicted on him by his so-called ‘pack’, Luke was finally getting what he always wanted.

Luke opened the door with a smile on his face expecting anything but what happened. A vase, which had held flowers Luke had specifically chose for Victoria, thrown in his face.

The vase broke and ceramic shards cut and imbedded themselves into his face. Luke roared with anger and managed to open his eyes long enough to see Victoria try to escape.

Victoria made a dash for the door but Luke was suddenly in front of her. She sent a curse to whoever invented these silver collars. If only she could phase right now, she’d show Luke who was boss.

“Victoria,” Luke started, “Don’t let me have to restrain you.”

Victoria always hid behind her bitchy personality anytime she felt threatened, and this time was no different.

Restrain me?” she scoffed, “You can’t even beat a newborn pup, much less me!”

Luke growled as he stalked towards her. Slamming and locking the door behind him as his body pushed the shards out his face and started to heal his wounds.

“I saved you, you should be grateful,” Luke snarled.

“Saved me? You think I’m happy you had your cronies burn down my home? You think I’m excited that you had a hand in killing my father? You think I’m ecstatic about having to be in this room with your sorry ass? Well Luke, you may be a betrayer and a psychopath, but I never thought you were stupid; apparently I was wrong!”

Luke had had enough; this was supposed to be a joyous occasion. Victoria was supposed to fly into his arms and shower him with kisses, love and affection.

“Maybe I just need to show you how you respect me,” Luke said more to himself than her.

Victoria backed up as Luke advanced on her, “What are you talking about Luke?” she asked, her heart pounding with fear. She looked around the room frantically for anything that she could use as a weapon; but unfortunately there was only the vase which she’d already chunked at his head.

If Victoria wasn’t so damn weak for this damn collar! She’d kick Luke’s ass and move on with her life.

Frustrated, tired and just sad, Victoria asked, “What do you want with me?” Tears were threatening to spill down her cheeks. She just wanted life to go back to the way it used to be.

“I want you as my mate,” Luke said to her. She had finally backed into the wall and Luke was only an arm’s length away from her.

“Mate? But, I don’t love you, I don’t even like you!” Victoria told him.

“That never stopped you from fucking my brother! All I ever wanted was your attention! But you, like everyone else, were just too caught up in the radiant beam that was Damien! He never loved you, and he never will! He has a mate and yet you still go pining after him while I have loved you in secret for as long as I can remember. But have you ever given me the light of day? No! Well, now that’s he’s not here, I guess I win by default. But hey, a win’s a win, right?”

Victoria didn’t stop the tears from falling this time, “What are you going to do to me?”

“What I’ve always wanted to,” Luke replied. The dark look in his eye made Victoria scream. Luke put a finger to her lips and gave her a caring look, “Now, now, need for all that; no point in screaming because no one will hear you.”