Chapter 1

Atlanta, Georgia is where most of the violence happens. Where people are killed whether it was a crossfire between two rival gangs, stealing money from their drug lord, for being a snitch, or they killed somebody family. But Atlanta is where I was born. Where my childhood is no matter how bad it was in the beginning. And it's where I was raised by the lady who took me in when my parents were taken from me. Now that I'm nineteen and back from spending a year and a half at my aunt house. My aunt from mom side of course since my dad is the only child.

I got out the taxicab closing the door yelling bye to him after I gave him the money and grabbed my suitcases. I walked up the stairs to God's Blessings hair salon and walked inside the salon filled with costumers and Miss Bruce doing a client's hair.

"Hey Miss Bruce, how are you doing?" Hearing my voice miss Bruce turned around and walked to me adding a little sway to her hips

"Hey girl, I'm good how you fine ass doing you got a man yet?" She asked when she reached me and pulled me into a hug

"unfortunately not yet but hopefully I do get one this year" I said hugging her back. When I pulled away I looked her over and told her she looks good before I went to get my suitcase before I head upstairs

"Where mama at Miss Bruce?"

"Child I have no clue where yo mama at check her wig room"

Nodding my head I walked upstairs to my room and smiled when I saw that it's the way I left it and left my suitcase by my bed before walking to my mom wig room.

I walk in and see three girls in the room with my mama so I lean on the door crossing my arms. Then a girl decided to ask my mama what is her and Miss Bruce's obsession with wigs all about and I decided to answer myself "It's not a wig obsession. It's an attitude. A lifestyle." The four in the room turned confused when they saw while mama smiled 

"Hey mama" I said softly walking to mama to hug her and three girls eyes widen when they heard me say mama. "Hey baby, how are you? How was it at your bald headed aunt house? look at you more beautiful than before" mama said pulling back and hold me at arm length.

"I'm good mama and don't say that...you know she's trying everything she can to get her hair back after having too many kinds. I told her she doesn't need an eighth child but she ain't never listen to me but oh well" I said laughing and blushing "and you're the beautiful one here mama"

She smiled and pulled me in another hug and I wrapped my arms around her cuddling my face in her neck and mumbled "I miss you, mama"

"I miss you too baby"

"Wait wait wait you have another daughter Miss Carlotta and you didn't tell us" I heard someone said and I let go of mama to look at the girls. One is a blonde with big hoop earrings wearing a leopard print dress with a white crop top that have yellow short sleeves with pink heels on. Then I looked to the black one. She's wearing a purple piece crop top and pink pants with a satin cardigan over it with black heels. Then I shift my gaze to mix one who seems to be the youngest out of the three. She was wearing an overall with a jacket on it with sneakers on.

I stick my hands out for them to shake " I'm Violeta"

"Star"

"Alex" 

"Simone"

I turned to my mama and told her that I'm gonna be in my room practicing my singing and told the girls bye before heading for the door when I was stopped by Star

"Wait you can sing ?"

"Yea"

"Let me hear you"

"Okay," I said clearing my throat before I start singing 

"You say you love me,
I say you crazy
We're nothing more than friends
You're not my lover,
more like a brother
I known you since we were like ten, yeah

Don't mess it up, talking that shit
Only gonna push me away, that's it!
When you say you love me, that make me crazy
Here we go again"

After I finished the song, the girls where impressed while my mama stood with a proud look on her face. The girls looked among each other whispering before they turned back to me "look you sound dope as hell and we have something going on tonight so we were wondering if you want to join our girl group"

I smiled and said sure before leaving the room to go to my own room and start unpacking then laid down on my bed passing out feeling content.

I'm sorry if the first chapter long hope you enjoy the book and the others that I made