They carried the bed frame into what would be Hinami and Touka's room and set it leaning against the wall by the window.

"How did you manage to put this plan together in little over a month?" Kaneki asked amused.

Touka smiled brightly with a slight chuckle. A look that had guilt rack through his body over the fact that she hadn't been able to do this sooner because of him. "You don't need to worry about that. What you need to worry about is what you plan on doing with your life here. Are you going to work here at the cafe and stuff?"

"Pretty sure that's my only option here," he said rubbing the back of his neck.

"That's not true. You aren't limited to just Forks either. There's Port Angeles or Seattle. I'm sure you can find something to occupy your time with."

"Would any jobs even take me without a college degree?" Kaneki mumbled. That had been another thing he had missed out on. He had given up his college life after Jason, and he hadn't bothered attending college again seeing as they were moving around so much.

Touka thought for a moment. "Not sure. I would think it would depend on the kind of job you're applying for." She looked up at him. "Maybe you can attend college again. We could get your high school transcripts from Japan transferred here; not sure about your college credits though. Might be too risky."

"That's if we end up staying here that long," Kaneki stated, before cringing as Touka narrowed his eyes at him.

"I plan on staying here for a long time, actually. We're tired of jumping from place to place, Kaneki. Nothing is going to happen. Stop being so damn paranoid."

Kaneki shrank back a little. "If you say so."

Touka sighed, her face softening. "I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be harsh, but you gotta understand, Kaneki."

"Believe me, I do. I hate it too. I-I'm just not used to sitting in one place for long. It makes me anxious, I guess."

The started back down the stairs when Kaneki spoke again. "Maybe I can do something involving the high school since Hinami will be attending."

Touka grimaced but chose not to comment. Hinami would not like that. She was eighteen and Touka doubted she would want Kaneki hanging around her 24/7. It wasn't like she was a child anymore. But that conversation would be between Kaneki and Hinami, she wasn't going to involve herself unless needed.

She cut her eyes over at the white-haired male beside here, focusing on the bags under his eye and the exhaustion she could see in them. Determination settled in her stomach, turning away before Kaneki could catch her staring. She planned on talking with Yomo; they need to do something. Perhaps starting with some sleeping medication that they could slip to Kaneki when he wasn't looking. She understood that the nightmares could be a lot, but it would be for his own good. He needed the sleep, and hopefully, if the sleep is medication-induced, it would be dreamless.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the four ghouls continued to bring in their belongings and get somewhat settled into their new home, the vampires of the Cullen house had to practically restrain Emmett and Rosalie, from going into town to see about the newcomers after Alice had informed them of their arrival. Carlisle, the only one who seemed to have a clear head and the ability to contain his curiosity, kept his family calm.

They would meet them soon enough but now wasn't the time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------