Chapter 2

I woke up suddenly, hearing a thump in my room. I saw my mom searching through my drawers.

"Mom, what the hell are you doing?!" I sat up.

"What, nothing. Just looking for something."

"In my underwear drawer!" I shouted at my mom as she scurried out of my room and down the stairs. I got out of my bed and got dressed into a red and white floral dress. I brushed my hair and put on my makeup, then went downstairs for breakfast.

My mom was frying an egg and humming when I came down. I sat down at the table and started tapping my fingers on the wood table.

"Hey mom."

"Yes dear." My mom said while getting a glass of orange juice, and placing my breakfast in front of me.

"What were you doing in my bedroom this morning?" My mom held her breath. "I'm not mad." My mom sighed and sat down. She took my hand in hers.

"Amy, I'm worried."

"About what?"

"Alex, I know you've been spending a lot of time with him. He could be dangerous."

"Mom, he's not dangerous. What makes you think that!?"

"I have it on good authority."

"So you heard some rumors. They're not true!" I quickly stood up and walked towards the door.

"Amy, where are you going?" I slammed the door and walked to my car. My mom followed me out. "Amelia, get back here this instant!" I started the car and drove away from the driveway. I could hear my mom screaming in the distance, but I didn't look back. Tears quickly filled my eyes, I wasn't exactly sure where I was going as long as it was far from here.

 I was driving for a couple hours, when I saw I was running out of gas. I stopped at a gas station and filled up my tank. After crying for such a long time, I realized I was hungry so I walked into the little convinence store. I picked out a water and a small bag of pretzels. I walked up to the cashier and placed my purchases onto the counter.

 "Amy?" The cashier looked up from the cash register. I then looked up, hearing the familiar voice.

 "Alex, hey." I was surprised to see him so far away from his house. "What are you doing here." Alex looked down at the cash register and laughed. "Right, stupid question."

 "Are you ok?" Alex said, noticing that my eyes were red and puffy.

 "Yeah, fine. I just needed to get some air." I quickly wiped my eyes.

 "You're pretty far from home for just air."

 "It doesn't matter. Hey can I come over?"

 "Yeah, of course. Just let me get somebody to cover my shift." 

"Thanks." Alex and I walked outside. "Hey how did you get here in the first place." Alex pointed to an old truck. "Wow, it looks good." Alex smiled.

 "You want to follow me back to my place. I'm assuming you brought your car." I nodded and walked over to my car. Alex did the same and I followed close behind him as we drove to his cabin in the woods. The drive seemed to go by very quickly but when we got to the house it was getting dark out. It started to rain, but I hadn't noticed until I walked out of my car.

 Alex and I hurried into the cabin and took off our soaked jackets. Alex made coffee and handed me a cup, we sat silently sat on the orn down sofa and drank three cups of coffee each. No one would be sleeping anytime soon. I grabbed Alex's hand and smiled at him.

 "Thank you Alex, this means a lot to me." Alex looked over at me. Alex and I starred at eachother for what seemed like forever. Alex placed his hand onto my face and I smiled at him. He leaned in closer to me and we were centimeters away from touching. "Alex, don't." Alex back away, instead he moved closer. At this I backed away and looked forward. "Alex, I apologize if I sent you the wrong message. I like you as a friend, and that's all." I stood up and grabbed my jacket. "I should go."

 "Amy you can't go."

 "I'm not mad Alex, I just need to go home."

 "No you can't go, I won't let you." Alex stood up, walked over to me, and grabbed my wrist. I quickly pulled my arm from his grip.

 "Alex you're scaring me, please stop." I turned around and placed my hand on the doorknob. Alex quickly grabbed my arm and held it behind my back, before I could say anything my head was smashed against the rim of the door, hard, and I fell unconcious.