Chapter 5

We get into the his car and drive for about an hour and a half to the racetrack that Whirlwind was staying at.
Now let me tell you Whirlwind is a very handsome Dapple grey with a black crescent star on his forehead with a pink snip on his upper lip. And he has 2 black mid cannons on his front legs and 2 black stocking on his back legs. He is a 3 year old but will not officially turn 3 till January 1st. And is a very high strung horse!
When we get there I immediately go to his stall to find him not there. That's when I start to panic. Then I hear a nicker behind me and turn around to se him already set to go for a run. I give a big sigh of relief as I start to pet his muzzle affectionately. Then I turn to Randy to asked how they knew we where coming and he said "I called ahead."
I then go to ask him to help me up onto his back due to Wind's height is over 17h, and he obliged to do as I asked. Then I walked Wind on towards the training track for his daily work out.
When Wind saw the track, that's when he started to dance on his toes. And I have to tell you he is one fine horse when he dances. When we get to his trainer he asks me to work him a half of a mile then breeze him out after for a quarter of a mile. And that is what I was doing till Wind shook violently wanting to be set free completely. Then he started to really run. If you had never been on a horse's back you wouldn't be able to explain how much joy it is to be one with a horse in that moment in time. To feel completely and utter-ably  happy in that moment.
After he slowed to a stop, I walked him out to cool him off for an half hour, then turned him out in his paddock with his little bestie of a sheltie (Shetland pony) named Bonnie.
Then Randy asked if I was hungry, after that ride I was very tired and hungry so I said yes to him and then we were at Burger King him having a whopper meal and I having a BK veggie burger.