28

Youngjae

"Oh my gosh, this is really happening.." I was hyperventilating. Sohee nudged me, "Get it together Youngjae, she needs you to be calm." She told me.

We followed the doctors into the room where Minseo would be going into labor. And..that's exactly what she was doing right now. This was far more scarier than I anticipated.
The nurses had let us inside once they got everything ready. My heart was beating through my chest.

Oh my gosh this is really happening.

Minseo had her eyes squeezed shut. I held onto her hand through the whole way. This was just torture to watch. So much noise was ringing through my head. All awhile Minseo squeezed my hand so much to the point it was numb at this point.

Sohee was just next to me, making sure everything was going well. I felt like I was going to explode, but I was scared for her.

But, soon enough, it was all over. And my first baby was born. A boy. The nurses gave her the baby. He was so pretty already. Though he was crying. Plus, he was so small. He might even be the size of my hand. Well, not really. But he was still so small. So cute.

We had stared at him for a while. Sohee came up on my other side and smiled. "What are you going to name him?" She asked softly. "I have no idea.." I mumbled.

Minseo stared down at him, "We'll name him- OH SHIT!" Minseo suddenly shrieked. My eyes widened.
Me and Sohee looked at each other.

The nurses came running back inside again. They took our baby and got back into position.
"Wait what the hell is happening!" I shouted. "She's going into labor again." The doctor told me as he hurried on his gloves.

"What..?"

Sohee's eyes widened, "She's having..twins."

My heart dropped and I stood there frozen. What did- How is- What?!
Minseo grabbed my hand once again and started her groans and shouts of labor. I was shaking more than she was.

There was the nurses shouting for her to push, Sohee standing there in a blank, and there was me, just as frozen as Sohee was.

And there goes the ringing noises of agony again. My hand wasn't numb anymore so it started to hurt. I couldn't really focus on it though. My baby is having another baby? Twins? I didn't prepare for this at all. Raise two? At once?

And this labor process felt like it was going on for hours.

After more shouting, there was another cry. It was a baby just as small as the other. They gave her to Minseo first. A boy..and a girl?

She was so adorable. My cute little girl.

"She's so beautiful.." Minseo spoke, she was breathing heavily. "She's perfect." I spoke up. Sohee came up, "Looks like you've got two little ones on your hands." She smiled.

I smiled too.

"What are you going to name her, Minseo?" My eyes shifted from our girl to Minseo. She was weakly looking down at her.

"Minseo?"

She started mumbling something between, 'I don't feel so good', and 'take care of them'. Her eyes were closing. "Hey Minseo?!" I started to shout.

Sohee reached out and took my newborn before Minseo would let her go completely. She held her close.

I started shaking Minseo but she was unresponsive. "Hey Minseo!!" I screamed. Sohee ran away running for a doctor, but soon, multiple ones came inside the room.
"Minseo can you hear me??!!" I shouted.