I had looked like crazy for Roger, but they kept me in the dark. I tried to capture him and they just let me go.

They knew how much stronger he is than me. I didn't even get a real warning.

I wasn't wanted here. They didn't care about me. Everything had been a trick to get me to comply with their rules. They just wanted me to behave so I didn't cause any problems for them. They didn't really care. None of them really cared. I didn't feel like I belong here. My wolf made me feel like we were on territory that wasn't ours; we needed to retreat as soon as we could.

I made a pit stop at the kitchen to pick up whatever food there was to eat in it. Luckily I found some meat so I made a sandwich. The medium rare meat satisfied my wolf's craving for blood. 

I quietly made my way up to my room. I finished the sandwich before I made it all the way there. I'd grab my bags and go. I didn't have much anyway. When I get settled somewhere else, I'd come back for my things that we brought over from my apartment. Assuming that they'd let me come onto their lands to collect my belongings.

I grabbed a towel and walked into the bathroom. When I flipped on the light I saw how bad it was for the first time. There was dried blood all over my body. I looked like I had taken a shower in blood…like I was staring in some cheap horror movie. My hair was matted on the side of my head. There was a thin red line that was in the right spot where the head wound would be which Roger gave me.

I stripped in the shower to make the clothes easier to clean, if I even kept them, and washed all the blood off of me. The smell of the blood engulfed my senses. I felt my wolf's thirst for blood all over again. I was just so hungry.

I felt infinitely better when I stepped out. I stood in front of the mirror and took a look the damage. I had bruises all over my arms and legs. There were even a couple on my stomach and back. There were thin red lines where I knew I had bled out. There were even teeth marks on my shoulder, chest, the front side of my hip, even a couple bite marks on my back. I don't remember him biting me. It must have happened while I was passed out.

I put on comfortable clothes, not bothering to take the blood and dirt caked clothes out of the bath tub. I didn't want to make a huge mess. I threw the clothes from my dresser onto the bed and grabbed a bag. I needed to be out of here before someone noticed that I was in their house. I was zipping up the bag when my door opened.

"You're back." Mason's grumpy voice grumbled.

"Obviously." I slung the bag over my shoulder. "I'm leaving."

"Going back to your boyfriend?"

I felt my face flush with rage that sparked through me. "I know you're good at seeing in the dark. What kind of boyfriend hits their girlfriend?"

He leaned on the door frame with his arms crossed over his bare chest. The sight didn't affect me like it used to. He was just some shirtless guy now.

Mason shrugged at my question. "The kind that goes around murdering my pack members." He didn't make my heart race anymore. Nor did his grumpy features make me smile. Being with Roger must have turned me off from all guys.

"Yes, well, good luck finding him then." I made my way toward the door. I wanted to leave. I wasn't welcome here anymore. I wanted to get away from everyone who thought they could influence me. I didn't want to be a puppet on a string anymore.

"We'll use you to find him." Mason didn't even try to move out of my way.

"Oh really? He beat me senseless then left me in the woods to die. I was out there for a long time before I made it back here…all by myself." I was furious now. "What happened to the patrols? Shouldn't they have found me? There was tons of blood around me when I woke up."