Chapter 7 - The Truth

Comenzar desde el principio

Arielle's Dress

Noah's Suit

Ares's Suit

Ares's Suit

"What's your assignment this week?" I hear Ares ask. I turn towards him and smile. "I'm supposed to sketch anything that catches my eye. Not really sure what that means but I'll try." I tell him while trying to ignore the urge to call or text Jer till he finally answers. "I think it means that you should sketch whatever you find beautiful. Don't worry too much, I'm sure you'll do great." Ares tells me and I smile at him. "Can we go somewhere tomorrow? I'm bored and I haven't even seen much of New York, just the places we went to on the first day." I ask Ares. "Sure. Where do you want to go?" Ares questions. "I don't know. I read that there is ice skating in Rockefeller Center. Can we do that?" I ask Ares and Noah. "Of course we can. Do you know how to ice skate?" Noah questions while smirking a bit. "No. I still want to try though." I tell him. "Well, then ice skating tomorrow." Ares declares.

We reached there in an hour as Noah had said. After a few formalities, we were led towards a table. While I went and sat down Noah and Ares went to meet a few other people there. I check my phone again to see there were still no notifications. I decided to call him and wait but he didn't answer. I tried again and one more time before Ares and Noah came back and sat down. I decided to call him later and instead focused on the event. "Everything okay?" Noah asks. "Yeah. Everything's fine. What award are you getting again?" I ask him instead. "I don't know if I am getting an award. We'll find out though." He tells me and I smile at him. The host starts by introducing himself and welcoming everyone. He then announces all the awards that are going to be distributed. The event is apparently international. I look to see Ares glaring at some guy at the opposite table and nudge Noah. "Why is he glaring?" I ask Noah curiously. Noah looks over before replying. "His name's Jason. He owns one of the biggest hotel chains in the USA. He tried to 'woe' me last year, went as far as insulting Ares's choice in clothing. Ares nearly punched him but refrained and instead retorted by saying, 'My choice in clothing might not be the greatest, but my choice in a life partner is  phenomenal, don't you agree?' Then took my arm and strutted off in the other direction while muttering under his breath about how his suit looked better than the piece of clothing the jerk was wearing." Noah replies while laughing lightly. I laugh with him and imagine Ares actually saying that with his head held high and sass dripping from his tone.