9

I got up from my bed and I could feel the blood pressure in my ears, my vision blurry. I brushed it off and I went to the bathroom. After sitting on the toilet, I pulled out the scale from under the sink, stepping on it. I smiled as I looked at the number showing up. I put it back and started getting ready for school, doing my makeup and putting on my outfit. I left for school but I wasn't feeling too well all day. Justin was testifying today and everybody was there. Clay lost the box of polaroids and their chances are slim. Chloe couldn't do it, I don't blame her. I mean, Jessica and the rest probably pressure the idea onto her. Just because Jessica couldn't do it, me or Chloe are not her pawns of justice "Hey, you okay?" I heard and I looked to my left "Yeah" I smiled at Courtney "You look a little pale" she said "I'm fine....just...want this whole thing to be over with" I sighed "Don't stress it too much" she said and I nodded. The bell rang and I left the classroom. I went to the library and searched for a book, instead I found Bryce, sitting on the floor, his back against the book shelve "Oh sorry" I said when I almost stumbled over him "It's fine" he said and loved his legs so I could pass "Are you uh...are you okay?" I asked "Yeah I guess" he said. I crouched down and sat opposite of him "You don't seem fine" I said and he closed the book he was reading "Just this whole thing, it's all bullshit" he scoffed and I sighed "The Bakers are grasping" he added and looked at me "It does seem like that sometimes" I said "I heard what you said about Hannah and how she treated you. You did the right thing to tell the truth about her" he said "Yeah" I said "You came to study for that test we have tomorrow?" he asked "Yeah but I think I might just go home, it's pretty crowded here" I said "Yeah me too" he said and stood up, offering me a hand. We walked out of the library towards the parking lot "Everything okay with you and Chloe?" I asked "Yeah, we're great" he said "She seems to love you a lot. She was so nervous when meeting your parents" I said and he chuckled "She's cute" he said as we reached my car "Alright, I'll see you around then I guess" I smiled "You have a ladybug in your hair" he chuckled "Oh my God" I said and flipped my hair "Hold still, just trust me" he chuckled and reached his hand to my hair to take the small, red insect out of my hair. My breath hitched at the sound of those words and suddenly a feeling of panic and fear rushed through my body "Uh thanks, see you" I said and quickly got in my car, speeding off. The whole drive home, the words 'hold still, just trust me' echoed through my head, through my ears, getting louder and louder as my vision became more blurry, tears burning my eyes. I had to pull over. I hands were shaking on the wheel, I was having a hard time breathing. My mind was running wild, remembering everything from that night. Bryce's touch on my arms, things, my whole body. His weight on me, his body heat. His alcohol filled breath on my face, the pain I felt, it was like being ripped apart. I looked around desperately but the cars were going too fast and the people on the streets were too busy to notice me, sitting in my car. No, it can't be true. Bryce would never do this to me. No way that girl in the pictures was me. It must be my mind, playing games. But what if it isn't, the memories seem so real and suddenly I remember every little detail. Bryce's face is flashing in front of my eyes and even when I try to close them, he doesn't disappear. I jumped, gasping at the sound of my phone ringing. I quickly calmed myself down and cleared my throat before answering "Yeah?" I spoke "Rox, where are you, are you still at school?" Zach asked "No I left already, I'm on my way home" I said "Come to the courthouse. They're about to bring Bryce in and give the verdict. We're all here" he said "Uh...y-yeah okay. I'll be there as soon as I can" I said "Alright" he said and I hung up. I wiped my tears and touched up my makeup, putting on some sunglasses before turning around and driving to the courthouse.
The room was filled with people, supporting both sides of the parties "Everything okay?" Zach whispered, clutching onto my hand harder "Yeah" I said. When the Jury gave their final statement, the people on the school's side as well as Bryce's sighed in relief while Mrs. Baker fought to hold back her tears. Not long after tho, as we were standing outside, the police came to arrest both Bryce and Justin "What's going on?" I asked "Jessica told the truth about Bryce at the station today and Justin gave a statement too" Zach said "Wh-What's gonna happen to Justin?" I asked "I don't know" he sighed and wrapped me in his arms "Mom!" I heard Clay call out. He argued with his mom over something but I couldn't hear their conversation. He looked around desperately, confused and scared "I don't feel too good, I think I'm just gonna go home" I said "Are you okay to drive?" Zach asked "Yeah, I'll talk to you later" I said and he nodded, kissing me. Truth was, I couldn't go home just yet, I had a meeting with my therapist.
I was surprised when Zach told me about Bryce transferring to Hillcrest. Everything kind of blew over once Justin was out of juvie and the dance approached "Oh honey, you look so pretty" mom said as she walked into my room "Thanks, how's my makeup?" I asked and she took a closer look "Very nice. Oh you and Zach will look so cute together" she smiled. I got a text from Zach that he's pulling up right now "Speaking of, he's here" I said and we walked downstairs "Oh look at you! You look so handsome in a suit, all tall and elegant" mom said as she saw Zach "Thanks you" he chuckled "Hold on, let me get a picture" mom said and pulled out her phone "Alright, stand right there" she said and Zach put an arm around me "Oh, I love it. Alright you kids go have fun" mom said "Thank you, I'll take care of her I promise" Zach said and gave mom a short hug. Once we were in the car, Zach put his hand on my thigh "You look gorgeous by the way" he said with a smile "Thank you, you look very good too. I love this suit on you" I said and kissed him as we stopped at a red light "I'm ready to have fun tonight" he said "Yeah, it's been a lot going on lately" I sighed.
Once we arrived at Liberty, we met up with everybody else. The decorations looked so pretty and everybody seemed to have so much fun, dancing on song after song "Roxy, come on let's dance" Jessica said "I'll just go to the bathroom, you go ahead I'll be right there" I said and she nodded. I was feeling a little hot and uneasy on my feet. I leaned my hands against the counter, looking in the mirror at myself for a few minutes, not moving. My heart was beating very slowly and I could barely hold myself up. Suddenly, I felt my legs giving out, my knees bucking and I was met with the cold tile on the floor. I could hear a faint voice but I couldn't make it out who it was, I couldn't open my eyes and I couldn't move.