two

REMUS LUPIN, James Potter, Sirius Black, and Peter Pettigrew were up to no good, but what was new?

The four boys had a knack for getting into trouble, James and Sirius were usually the ones starting it and Remus and Peter were just along for the ride.

Tonight on the agenda was a breakout. Sirius wanted to take a stroll into the forbidden forest but James had wanted to throw a little drinking party so the most logical thing to them was to combine the two separate things to one and have a little drinking party in the forbidden forest.

It was just after curfew, the boys had wanted to spend as much time out as they could and still make it back before everyone woke up and noticed they were gone.

Remus however, knew that they would most likely get caught, how could they not? They would all end up drunkenly walking around the school trying to get back to their dorms and end up getting seen by Filtch like they always did when they decided to get plastered outside of their dorms.

"This time would be different," Sirius had told the other three, "We just won't get as drunk!"

Sirius, for his credit, had seemed genuinely interested in just exploring the forest, but obviously hadn't turned down an opportunity to drink, though Remus suspected he would just get a bit tipsy and not full-on plastered as he usually did.

The four boys were quiet as they walked through the forest. None of the boys really had an idea of where they were going, they were just walking in a straight line.

James and Sirius were discussing quidditch, Remus and Peter quietly trailing behind them, but then Sirius suddenly paused in the middle of his bashing of the Slytherin team and turned to look at his best friends with a strange look on his face.

"Did you know that the forbidden forest wasn't always called the forbidden forest?"

"What do you mean?" Remus looked at Sirius with curiosity.

"Well, thirty years ago—" he paused and thought for a second, "thirty-two years to be exact, it used to be called the Enchanted Forest."

Remus looked at the faces of his friends, Peter looked amazed to know that piece of information and James looked doubtful.

Remus himself was a bit doubtful, more so because he had never heard of it, surely someone would've mentioned that information, it definitely would've been mentioned in their history class.

James, loudly, spoke up about his doubt, "Bollocks! If that were true we all would've known about that."

"I'm not lying!" Sirius angrily hissed at him, making the three boys step back in shock, not having seen him act like that over a simple couple of words like that.

"Woah," James put his hands up in surrender, "Calm down Pads, it's not that serious."

Sirius couldn't help the glare that came upon his face as he looked at his best friend, and in an effort to stop what could very well turn into an argument, Remus spoke up.

"Why was the name changed, Sirius?"

At this point all four boys had found a spot to sit in, giving their feet a rest from all the walking they had just done.

Sirius had a frown on his face as he looked at Remus. "I had an aunt—"

"—what does that have to do with the story?"

"Shut up James!" Sirius, Peter, and Remus all shouted at the same time. James put his fingers to his lips and pretended to zip it shut.

"As I was saying," Sirius glared at James, who looked sheepish, "I had an aunt named Aurora, she was... a year young than my father. She loved going into the forest and such and looking for animals, my father said she would sneak out almost every night and go exploring," Sirius paused, there wasn't really much else to say before getting to the really important part, no lead-up or anything. "So to make a short story even shorter, she snuck out one night with her school trunk and like disappeared off the face of the earth."