Chapter 2: The Force Behind Uncertain Things

Start from the beginning

Nate slowly started shifting his weight on his legs when he had to lean back against the wall again from the pain in his lower gut region. The pain in his back was tolerable but his front was hurting to a degree where if he moved without at least stopping the bleeding then he wouldn't be getting home any time soon. Nate looked around and found an old torn up blanket a few feet away. Nate slowly slumps over to ease the pain a bit and walks for the old blanket. Only to realize that when he picked it up is was a torn up cloak. Disregarding the thought, he tore at the cloak and made a makeshift bandage. Pulling his shirt up he wrapped around his torso several times. Tightening it he proceeded to wrap around the wound on his right arm. The bleeding in his arm had already stopped beforehand but he needed to be sure.

When he was done he had the remains of the cloak in both hands that almost reached his knees. Deciding that walking around with bloody holes in his shirt was a bad idea he put on the cloak to effectively cover the blood stained shirt before him, also covering his weapon holster and his pistol. "Ah, well better than nothing." He scoffed as he made his way to the end of the alley way. When he reached the end he leaned against the corner and placed his arm to cover the sun. when his vision cleared he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

"I must be dreaming." Nate said incredulously as he looked up in the sky.

Above Nate was tall buildings that looked as if they were nothing but futuristic. Even in the light of day he could see the glowing colors of neon lights flashing off the buildings. He looked even higher and saw some kind of flying cars... wait? Flying cars? He took another look and his jaw dropped when he found that he wasn't mistaken. There were flying cars of some kind flying in straight lines across the skies. 'I must've hit my head or something. Just where the hell am I?' Nate had to lean back and just watch in awe as he stared at the sky. It wasn't until a half an hour later that he finally had enough of the view and decided to look around. To find himself shocked in awe and horror when he saw the many creatures walking the streets. There were regular people walking but other than them there were weird humanoid figures taking small or long steps as they passed the stunned treasure hunter.

Occasionally there would be a creature or even a human that would look at Nate with a bitter look of hate or a compassionate look of empathy as they passed. This confused him because he didn't even know where he was or what these things were and everyone was already judging him. Nate caught himself as he stared at this one humanoid figure. Who appeared to be female. At lease he could tell gender because of her 'obvious' features. She looked gorgeous in his opinion for something that clearly wasn't human due to the light blue skin and the two tails growing out of her head that stretched and hung loose behind her back. Her outfit was of a skin tight leggings with a leather jacket over some under clothes. She almost looked like she could be 19, maybe 21. She looked as if she was contemplating something as she looked at Nathan while he sat against the wall of the corner leading to the alley he arrived from. She then approached him. Nathan had a look of confusion and caution as he stiffened while she approached. She stopped a foot away from him and reached into her pockets. Nate tensed even more about to stand up before she slowly put her hands in front of her. Giving the universal sign of 'I mean you no harm'. She reached back up into her pocket and pulled out several metal pieces. From first glance they looked like mini gold and silver bars.

Nate's eyes widened at this thought when she pulled out several of the gold mini bars with a few mini silver bars. Mini was the only word he could think describe them. They were the length of his fingers but as thin as two quarters stacked on top of each other. She took the handful of the mini bars and placed them out. Nate looked at her cautiously, but she gave off a warm carrying smile that made him, still hesitantly, reached up with one hand to grab them as she dropped them into his hand.