Chapter 15

The Next Morning:

I woke up, just after 8 am, to the sight of my suitcases packed. There were still the remains of my tears left on my cheeks from last night. I finally found out how Sal felt about me but i couldnt. I wouldn't be able to make a long distance relationship work. It was too much! For now, maybe forever, i have to forget about Sal. I obviously didnt want to but i had to!

I got up, and got dressed in my fine clothes. I left my plane ticket, one way to London, and left it on my desk so I wouldn't lose it. I quickly applied my make up then went downstairs.

"Finally decide to show yourself" Q sung as i walked down the stairs.
"What?" I asked him confused.
"Ive had Sal on the phone, crying all night!" Q explained. I poured some cereal in a bowl and sat there eating it. "Care to explain??" Q asked.
"I have no idea!" I shouted in frustration. As i attempted to storm pass him but Q held my shoulders.
"You can talk to me" he reassured me. I could feel more tears in my eyes.
"Look, why aren't you happy? Your wish has come true!!" I shouted. Q looked at me sympathetically.
"I do understand heartbreak you know?" He said. And with that my tears become a flood as Q gave me a warm hug.

*******
As 10am came, it was time for me to leave to go to the airport. Q was giving me a lift. Outside, Joe and Murr were saying goodbye with no sign of Sal. I couldnt blame him but part of me wanted him to beg for me to stay. I still haven't got the ending to my novel yet, so i presume my boss wont be happy, but i had bigger things to worry about for the time being.

As we reached the airport, Q handed me my bags with a hug.
"Im gonna miss you so much" he said to me.
"I'm gonna miss you too" i said to him.
"Our welcome back anytime" he told me.
"I love you bro" i said with a laugh.
"I love you too. Have a safe journey home"he said as i left. I turned round to see him waving and i waved back and walked in the airport. I sat on the cold chairs surrounded by families. The airport then announced
"Flight 201 to London is delayed". I rolled my eyes and went on my phone to check through some social media when i saw a text from Sal.

Sal: You said to needed an ending to your novel...'. I was quite confused. Then there was another text.
Sal: Turn around..'.

I actually turned around to see Sal stood there with a bunch of roses and a smile...
I ran up towards him.
"We need to talk!" He told me.