The meaning of today

Start from the beginning

Try to imagine a world in which everything you saw did just that? Wouldn’t it become yourEden? Is heaven possible? Or rather, is the understanding of the heart of God not conducive to create the ultimate sense of value, meaning and purpose? What if you were created to be a living child of God today? Will the presence of God within your life bring you serenity, completion, hope and direction? Is it possible to find your being within His awe?

Adam and Eve lived in a world that was brought to life by the awe inspiring greatness of our Father. Everything they saw revealed the life changing grace, creativity, colour and zeal that went into your new day. Every moment of their lives were filled with the very essence of a living dream. This dream was fashioned be the heart of God. It is the dream called reality. From the ground beneath their feet, to the blazing starlight glory told them just how much effort God would go through, to make them smile. Every moment of their lives were filled with inspiration, marvel and beauty beyond the limitations of any human tongue. They had true life.

But satan tricked man to look at themselves. Man was distracted from God. And within that moment that our first parents took their eyes from the greatness of our God, they become nothing. Adam, the crowning piece of creation, was reduced to the mere value of the ground beneath His feet. Of himself, he was nothing but living dust. And as the lonely human couple stood shaking in the presence of God, they discovered that there was something missing. They knew that they were naked. They were incomplete, ashamed, broken, insecure and dying. Yes, man changed. It was not God who changed. We were the ones that could no longer stand in the presence of the diving Creator.

Psalms 104:1-2 reads; “Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain.” What if that honour and majesty of God, was designed to be your robes? I believe that it is possible to find the reason for which we were created. You see, as the bible puts it, by beholding, we will become changed. The key lies within your thoughts. When we begin to think upon the greatness, the wisdom, power, strength and greatness of our Lord, our lives will be enriched by His living presence. He is with you right now. We are just too busy to see Him. Yet when we search for Him with all our hearts and minds, He will help us find Him. Reach out to Him today, learn to truly live.

There is however, a second and equally powerful reason why your every thought is of life changing value. Yes, we have seen that keeping Christ at the centre of your every thought helps you appreciate what He does for you. We have seen that it completes you and helps you understand how much you mean to Him. Indeed, it brings mankind a sense of direction, stability and comfort. As we have found in the previous note, realising who He is, and focusing on Him is life changing. But it keeps getting better…

Have you ever felt small, weak and incapable of reaching the high standards that God requires? That is great! Christ Himself said, Mar 2:17 “When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.” However, we know from the book of Romans that; Rom 3:10-11 “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.” “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” Rom 3:23 You see, the fundamental problem is that we are sinful. Everything around us, everything we think and want is tainted with sin, selfishness and evil. Even Paul had this problem. Rom 7:13-25 “Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.