Rachel sank into the seat beside him. She appeared nervous. “I just wanted to apologize for the way I reacted earlier.”

“You don't have to,” Finn told her quickly.

“No, I do,” Rachel insisted. “I'm so embarrassed. I’m not... I don't... I haven't....” She stopped and took a deep breath before starting again. “I didn't know that you two were together, or even that way inclined. I was shocked and I didn't really know how to react. It was stupid. I’m sorry.”

“It's fine, Rachel,” Finn told her. He smiled at her and was rewarded with a smile. “We understand. A lot of people are surprised when they find out about is.”

Puck grunted beside him. 

“I'm surprised Quinn didn't mention it to you,” Finn said.

“Me too,” Rachel said. “But she's been crazy busy all this week, with the wedding and getting ready for the move to New York.”

Puck practically bolted out of his seat. “Quinn's moving to New York?”

“Yeah, in August,” Rachel said. “Me too.”

“I've offered our services as tour guides,” Finn said, with a quelling look in Puck's direction.

“Cool.” Puck sank back into his seat, looking pleased and slightly worried. Finn made a mental note to question Puck about his relationship with Quinn as soon as he could.

Puck lapsed into silence, while Finn and Rachel chatted between themselves. More and more guests were arriving and amongst them were many 'notable' faces; politicians, a couple of media personalities, writers and artists. Rachel pointed out a number of prominent Bostonians that Finn wouldn't have recognized. 

As it got closer to the ceremony, Brody and Quinn appeared under the cherry trees. Brody and the groomsmen looked great in dark morning suits and Quinn looked stunning in a black velvet gown.

Finn heard Puck inhale sharply beside him. 

Rachel jumped up and waved excitedly until Quinn spotted her and waved back. 

“Doesn't she look gorgeous?” Rachel asked when she sat down again.

“Does the bride know what the best man is wearing?” Finn asked. 

“Yes, she picked it out.”

“Shame, a cat-fight would have really added to this wedding.”

Rachel laughed. “Give it time. Apparently bridesmaid number three brought bridesmaid number five's ex-boyfriend as her date and they've been giving each other the evils all week. Quinn said they're almost at boiling point.”

Not long after that, the wedding march played and the bride and her seven bridesmaids made their way down the aisle. Eight beautiful girls, in eight beautiful dresses. But unlike the night before at the cocktail party, Finn barely looked at them. Not one of them could hold a candle to the girl sitting beside him. Not even all eight together could draw his admiration from Rachel.

He spent most of the wedding ceremony, stealing glances at Rachel from the corner of his eye. She was watching the proceedings closely and never noticed how he kept looking at her. On his other side, Puck too seemed to be paying rapt attention, which was a first for Puck. It took Finn a few minutes to realize that Puck was staring at Quinn.

When the service was concluded, Brody and Ikuko and their large bridal party led the crowd towards the formal gardens where the reception would take place. Everybody was handed a flute of champagne and a copy of the seating plan.