the kids just ain't alright

band. the best period of the day, the only thing to look forward to. awsten loved making music. he learned different instruments in his spare time just because of that fact. he now knew five instruments. awsten put his clarinet together and smiled at grace, who also played clarinet.

“how are you, aws?”

“i’m...okay, kind of tired.”

grace smiled sadly, knowing that awsten wakes up a lot during the night.

“well, i’m always here for you.”

“thank you, grace.”

awsten turned around and put his case away when a raspy voice came from behind him.

“hello,” the voice said. “who was that you were talking to?”

geoff.

“th-that’s grace, my ex and otto's current girlfriend. sh-she's like a mom to me.” awsten said looking down and blushing.

“hmph. alright.” geoff was sending visual lasers at grace, as if he was trying to kill her.

“hi, you must be geoff?” grace said, avoiding eye contact.

“yes, that’s me.”

“well, nice to meet you. i’ll be on my way…”

geoff rolled his eyes and focused his attention on awsten. “today’s friday.” it had been a week since school started.

“yeah, and?”

“would you like to hang out at my place?”

“yeah, i can check with my dad.”

“fuck your dad,” geoff said angrily, clenching his drumsticks in his fist. “he’ll only say no. come over.”

awsten smiled. “okay, big guy, i will.”

geoff smirked. “see you then, babe.”

awsten blushed. geoff had taken a liking to calling awsten pet names, even if it had been a week. they talked for hours every day. awsten’s dad tracked all of his texts, so they had to use other methods, but they texted nonetheless.

awsten sat down and smiled to himself.

//

sorry my parents cut off my wifi and shit so im using data on my laptop 4 this! sorry its so short haha