xiv. judgment day

Start from the beginning

   "Do you think she's my girlfriend?" Lucas questioned Liz.

   Liz sighed and locked eyes with Lucas, "I think in that moment she was scared and just needed someone to hold onto and in that moment, you were there. If me or Dustin had been in your place, I think the same thing would've happened."

   Lucas nods, "Do you think that she wanted it to be me?"

   Liz hesitated. She didn't want to have this conversation with Lucas. She loved Lucas and would love to have a conversation like this with him sometime but not about the same girl that she has a crush on, "Uhm... I don't know. I should probably get this to my brother."

   Lucas nods and Liz heads over to the shed. She opens the door and sees Steve and Nancy stapling newspapers and garbage bags to the walls of the shed, "I got some more for you."

   Steve stops stapling and grabs the pile of random papers from Liz. He pauses once he sees her expression, "You alright?"

   Liz nods but her expression shows something different, "Yeah, I'm fine."

   She goes to exit the shed but gets called back by Steve, "Hey, do you need to talk?"

   Liz turns around, "I don't think now is the best time."

   "Liz!" Steve yells but Liz ignores him and keeps walking. The last thing she wanted to talk about and deal with was her stupid crush on a girl that she doesn't even have a chance with and even if she did, Hawkins would never accept it.

   Once the shed was finished getting covered in paper, cardboard, political yard signs and anything else they could find, Jonathan carried an unconscious Will over to the shed and tied him to a chair with a wire. His body slumped over in the chair they put him which only made Liz feel nervous. He looked dead to her and she hoped that this wouldn't kill him. Everyone took one last look at Will, before they went back inside the house, leaving Joyce, Mike, Hopper, and Jonathan to talk to Will.

   Dustin watched from the kitchen window, his infamous hat off as he ran a hand through his curls. Across the room, Nancy leans against the wall next to the phone, and in the hallway to the right of her, Max and Liz sat opposite Lucas with their backs against the walls. On the other side of the wall Lucas was sitting against, Steve was stood in the living room practicing swinging his bat back and forth.

   "If he finds out where we are..." Max starts, running her hand up and down her arm in nervousness. "will he send those dogs after us?"

   "He won't find out." Lucas states.

   "Yeah, but, if he does..."

   "Judgment Day," Lucas states, making the hairs on Liz's neck stand up. Max and Liz shared a look of worry but Liz grabbed her hand and squeezed it making Max give a small smile back to her.

   The door to the kitchen was flung open followed by footsteps. The trio scrambled up, and into the kitchen where Hopper had come in through the back door, shortly followed by Joyce and the others. Hopper grabbed a piece of paper and a pen before he fell into the chair closest to him, everyone else gathering around the table.

   "What happened?" Dustin asked.

   "I think he's talking, just not with words," Hopper explains, as he starts drawing tiny dashes and lines across the envelope that he found to write on. It was morse code.

   "Hey, what is that?" Steve questions, the look on his face suggesting that he was extremely confused.

   "Morse code." The boys, Liz, and Hopper all replied simultaneously, causing Steve to look up sharply in embarrassment mainly at his sister and her friends knowing that and not him.