Chapter 5

Niall's POV

Smoke. Why did I smell smoke? I peeked my head out the door to see if maybe one of the boys had been cooking and had burned something. I Sudddnly heard frantic yelling coming from the kitchen.

"HOLY SHIT! GET OUT OF THE HOUSE! CALL 911!! MOVEEE!" I heard a clatter of noise downstairs and I could smell and see the smoke getting thicker. I turned to see Soph with her eyes wide. i reached out and pulled her close to my chest. The smoke was getting extremely thick and it was hard to see.

"Soph, were gonna make it out fine, okay? Don't worry babe, we'll be fine" I reassured her. We couldn't go out the bedroom door because the smoke was really thick and the fire was catching everywhere. I ran up to my window with Sophia in tow to see Liam. Louis, and Zayn standing outside. Where was Harry? I suddenly heard someone shouting my name. Then Sophia's. Over and over again. I couldn't hear it well, but I thought it must have been Harrys. I didn't want to open the door, but knew I had no choice cause for all I knew, Harry could have been dying out there. I quickly opened the door and smoke overfilled it. It felt so hard to breathe. The last thing I remembered was pulling Sophia closer to me before falling unconscious.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

I wanted to so badly open my eyes but I couldn't. It felt as if I was stuck with them closed. I could vaguely hear someone calling my name and I wanted to find them, but I couldn't see anything. I grapsed around trying to find the person calling my name until I could feel something. I slowly opened my eyes to see Liam's brown eyes staring into my blue ones.

"GUYS! HES AWAKE!" Liam shouted off to the direction of the door. All the boys ran inside my room and hugged me and said they were so glad I was okay, but I wasn't listening.

"Where... where's Soph?" Everyone looked at each other and turned to face me. No one said anything. "Where the hell is she?!" I was starting to get frusterated. Why wouldn't the boys tell me anything? Finally, Liam spoke up.

"Nialler, calm down. She's okay, but she's in a coma. Apparently she hit her head on te bedpost when you got knocked unconscious from the smoke and she fell out of your arms." My fault. This was all my fault. I needed to see her.

"Where is she?!" I tried to get out of my bed but immediately fell to the ground. I was too weak.

"Niall. You need to stay here. Please." Liam looked at me with pleading eyes. "Go to sleep, I promise to wake you up when she does!" I sighed and agreed, falling into a restless sleep just a couple minutes later.

I could hear voices around me, calling my name, but i felt to weak to wake up.

"Niall, Sophia's awake," someone softly whispered. I bolted awake and jumped out of bed, immidietely resulting in crumpling to the ground. Someone sighed beside me and grabbed my arm. "Niall. Be careful. We almost lost you." I looked up to see the boys looking at me with tears in their eyes. My heart immediately softened.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled. "I just need to see her." tears started slipping out of my eyes and I hastily wiped them away. Zayn and Liam grabbed my arms and helped me up and out of the room. We walked down a long hallway until we came to a room at the end of the hall. I opened the door slowly, taking a deep breath. As soon as I saw her all I wanted to do was to give her a huge hug and just cry. I would have killed myself if she had died and I had lived. Killed myself.

"Soph, I'm so glad your okay," I mused, reaching in to give her a hug.

For some reason, she flinched away from me. "Excuse me, I'm sorry, but who are you?"

hi guyssss :) do you guys think the story is okay so far? Please comment and vote! :) thanks youuu!

oh btw, anyone wanna make me a cover? :)