CHAPTER ONE

"Sophie, wake up

"Sophie, wake up."

"Wha?" I groaned and lifted my head up off my pillow. I fluttered my eyes open to see my mom standing at the side of my bed with a concerned look on her face. Once she looked at me she sighed with relief and dropped her look. "I thought you wouldn't have woken up," she said, suddenly chuckling. "What time is it Mom?" I asked.

"8:30. You need to wake up and get ready because I want you to meet someone," she replied, "you may really want to dress nice for this certain occasion though."

"Um.. okay?" I questioned with a faint grin on my face. She left the room, shutting the door lightly behind her. I made my way off the bed to reach the floor. As I was about to sling my foot over the edge, my whole body decided just to give up on me by falling off the whole thing. "Really?" I grunted, leaning up on my butt. Luckily the noise wasn't loud enough to startle my mom from downstairs. I grabbed the end table for support to get up off the carpet (which I am thankful for if you know the struggle to be clumsy) and walked towards my closet.

I am not the girl who has the huge walk-in closet and brags about how she can bring a pretzel machine inside. I have one of those normal sized closets that people get whenever they buy a house. I am the standard person.

"You may really want to dress nice for this certain occasion though." My mom's words echoed through my head, and I suddenly made eye contact with one of the off the shoulder shirts I haven't ever worn. Wow, I really need to clean out half of my clothes because all of them are mostly clothes from freshman year of high school.

I quickly picked out some skinny jeans to wear, and I made sure to take my time putting on makeup. I always brush and shape my eyebrows with a spoolie because in the morning my eyebrow hairs are pointing in all these different directions.

After I was finished, I unplugged the charger out of the wall and pulled out my phone. "Are you ready?" My mom called from downstairs.

"Yeah I am heading down now." I said before plopping down the stairs in sandals. She was standing by the front door and looked at me with a huge smile on her face. My mom was a beautiful woman.. and I am still wondering, 19 years later, why I never got her looks.

"You look so pretty!" She exclaimed. I thanked her, and she lead me to her car parked in front of the house. "Are you ever going to tell me who I am meeting?" I asked. She laughed and shook her head. "Nope."

I groaned but took her word for it. She drove me to this place called The Bull's Cove. A seriously intimidating name if you asked me. I started to get nervous. "You tell me to dress nice for an occasion but you take me to a place called the Bull's Cove?" I queried. She glanced at me from the side of her eye. "Sophie, this place is not dangerous," she specified. I looked at her funny and she unlocked the door.

I hesitated to get out of the car, but I did anyway. She led me inside and my heart instantly dropped.

"H-How d-did you-"

"I know people, honey." Mom said winking at me. My eyes started to water with joy, and I turned around and hugged her tight. She took me to a Tom Holland meet and greet. I had an obsession over this dude ever since I was younger. And I practically can recite an entire biography about him. How did I not know that he was coming to Miami?

People were lined up and these two girls were screaming how much they loved him. On the outside I was scowling at them for yelling so obnoxiously, but on the inside I was screaming at them that he was mine. I had to get over the fact that there would be absolutely nothing between me and him. Mom just bought two tickets for a meet and greet that would only last 30-60 seconds, that's it.

The Bull's Cove isn't so bad. Mom was talking to a man right in front of us, and he looked to be the Dad of the two annoying girls. He was probably only there as a chaperone. All I looked at was him. He was so beautiful. God really took his time on this dude.

He was smiling wide at the people hugging him, and it looked so genuine. I literally love this guy so much. Pretty soon, the two girls were up and one ran up to him and kissed him right on the cheek, but it was super close to his top lip. He was shocked for a second but continued to grin and laugh through it all. They got on opposite sides of him and for the picture they grabbed his arm.

I rolled my eyes a little bit out of jealousy, but my heart started beating quite fast because I was next. The girls' dad took them outside after one of the security guards ushered them out. My mom slightly tugged on my shirt letting me know this was the moment.

He looked at me and expressed friendliness. I was literally about to cry and just melt in front of him. Holy shit. This is him. I am standing in his presence. God Sophie, get yourself together and talk to him!

"Hi there! What's your name?" He asked me. "S-Sophie F-Fontaine Evans." I replied. I legit just told him my full name what the hell. Was that really necessary? He chuckled at my red face.

"What a lovely name."

I smiled brightly at him. His eyes were filled with pure generosity. The security guard snapped his fingers at me, gesturing me to go ahead and take the picture. He wrapped his arm around my waist, and I froze completely. I probably looked so retarded because of the face I was making at that moment. The security guard took me to the exit, and Mom followed. I looked behind me to see Tom staring at me right in the eyes even though there was a girl right next to him.

That was so surreal. There was a guy in front of the place that was receiving the meet and greet photos to give to the fans. Mom got the picture from the man and walked towards me. "Wasn't that amazing, Soph?" She asked.

"Oh my gosh yes."

I wanted to tell all my friends that my mom just took me to a Tom Holland meet and greet. But that come out as bragging. Maybe I can just tell my best friend Olivia.

Mom drove us home, and I instantly ran inside all the way up to my room with the biggest grin on my face. That whole moment felt so unreal. I truly love my mom, and I don't know what I would do without her. I just completely realized I never got on my phone this entire time. But it was probably because I thought she would take me to this really bland place and meet an old guy who only talks about his health insurance, mortgage, etc. You know, old people stuff.

I got a lot of snapchat notifications while I was off of it. Olivia texted me, my dad was texting me (whom I don't want to talk about right now), my old 8th grade crush texted me, and just snaps from random people.

I sighed and jumped on my bed. I stared at the ceiling and just thought about how life was full of surprises. Literally. My mom literally planned for me to meet my idol without my knowledge.

I must have fell asleep because I woke up, and I picked up my phone to see the time was 7:38 pm. But wait..

Is that what I think it says?

Nope. It can't be. I feel like I am going to faint. I was startled. I must be dreaming. I pinched myself hard. Okay, ow?

The only thing I saw was @tomholland2013 has requested to follow you