21- Third task part 2

Start from the beginning

Hermione gripped Ginny's arm and tapped her foot quicker and harder than before. Her brain and heart felt like they were about to explode from how worried and anxious she was. She started to grumble and mumble words of worry.

"No, no, no, no, no! Oh my- Ginny!" She cried.

"It'll be fine, they'll be fine," Ginny reassured.

"HOLD ON, DIGGORY AND POTTER HAVE DEFEATED THE ACROMANTULA TOGETHER! IT SEEMS AS IF THEY ARE WORKING TOGETHER! OH NO! THE BOYS HAVE DISAPPEARED WITH THE CUP!" Shouted Ludo Bagman.

"WHAT?!" Hermione shouted, pulling on Ginny's arm so hard that it could have popped out of it's socket. Ginny pulled her arm away and stood up with Hermione and the other students, teachers and parents. They all shouted at Bagman as if it were his fault that the boys were no longer in the maze.

Several teachers ran towards Professor Moody to ask what was going on but Hermione couldn't hear his response, though it didn't matter, since she was too scared of what it was going to be.

Cedric and Harry finished spinning and the boys found themselves in an unknown and mysterious graveyard, surrounded by large grey tombstones.

"Where are we?" Cedric asked when he looked around.

"I don't know. Some graveyard I think." Harry replied.

"Did anyone tell you that the cup was a portkey?"

"Nope. Do you think it's part of the task?" Asked Harry.

"I don't know," Cedric replied. "Wands out, d'you reckon?"

"Yeah."

They walked around, and looked for any clues of where they were. Suddenly, they heard a rustle and crunches of footsteps coming nearby. A raspy voice could be heard in the distance. They saw a short plump silhouette and the raspy voice called out "kill the spare!"

Another voice (most likely from the plump man, as it was louder and clearer than the other) shouted "Avada Kevadra!"

A shot of green light was shot towards Cedric with so much force that he fell back and struggled to stand up, until suddenly he had a floating feeling and there was no pain left in his body from any of his past injuries.

He watched as Harry cried out and was trapped by this man. Cedric was surprised to find that he couldn't do anything to help or reassure him. Anything he tried didn't work and he couldn't, he couldn't move, talk, feel and could barely think. The mysterious man laid a large bundle on the ground next to a cauldron and walked towards Harry to make sure the ropes around his body were tight enough. The man put a large piece of material in Harry's mouth to act as a gag and walked back to the bundle on the ground and pulled out a baby.

'No,' Cedric thought. 'That's not a baby.'

The baby like thing had a flat face, red eyes, and scarred and scabby reddish black skin. "It is ready, master." Said the short man after filling the cauldron with water and allowing it to boil. The water gained heat quickly and started to bubble and spark. He threw the baby into the bubbling and sparking cauldron.

"Bone of the father, unknowingly given, you will renew your son!" said the man as the stone at Harry's feet opened and a large bone made its way over to the cauldron, courtesy of the plump man's wand.

The man stayed at the cauldron and pulled out a short blade. He put his hand over the cauldron and swiped down over his wrist, his hand plop!-ing into the bubbling and sparking water.

"Flesh - of the s-servant- willingly g-given - you will revive your m-master!" He cried out in agony. He walked towards Harry with the knife while sobbing in pain.

"Blood of th-the enemy- forcibly taken- you will help resurrect your foe!" The man cried before piercing the skin of Harry's right arm, dragging the blade down until there was a large blood stain on his shirt sleeve. The man used a glass phial from his pocket and held it under the line of blood on Harry's arm until the phial was nearly a quarter full. He staggered back to the cauldron and poured it in.

Suddenly a large puff of white smoke emerged from the cauldron and a large, skeletal man's silhouette appeared in the steam. "Robe me," It hissed.

The servant cried over his mutilated arm and draped the man in the mist's robe over his shoulder one by one with his left hand. The man emerged from the steam and Cedric tried to gasp and run away, but he couldn't.

Lord Voldemort had risen again.

Hermione waited anxiously for Cedric and Harry to return. There were many shouts and hollers of confusion and anger at Ludo Bagman and Dumbledore but Hermione stayed silent. She squeezed Ginny's hand tightly, and after many attempts of getting her hand away, Ginny had given in to Hermione's strength and the pain that came with it.

The girls waited for hours for the boys to come out, and by this time, Fleur had woken up and ran away from Krum, and Krum had broken free of the Imperius curse, which he claimed to be under for the entire task, though by whom he also claimed to not know.

Finally, after an extremely long time, Hermione heard a large gasp and then a cheer. She looked down to see Cedric and Harry laying on the ground, but something looked off about the two.

She looked closer and screamed.