Chapter 1: A Treasure Beyond Gold and Jewels

Start from the beginning

"heh- well kid, can't say I told you so." Sully remarked with a slight smile as he laid back behind cover.

"Well its not my fault you didn't notice them sneaking around when we found it." Nate replied with a little annoyance as he fired at two more mercs.

"At least we got a few chests on the plane before they ever made it on the island. We need to get over there before more of 'em show up." Sully then shot a merc on a cliff. With one bullet the merc went down and fell off with a satisfying, almost cartoonish, yell of pain.

"I'll cover you! Just get ready to jump!" Nate shouted making the apparent lack of room they had between them and a cliff leading to a 60 foot drop straight to their plane. With that Nate loaded in another magazine and placed carful shots at the mercs to slow them down and keep fire off of them for the few seconds they needed to escape.

Sully finishing his reloading started to look back at Nate before he made his run. "Remind me again why were here in the first place? I don't even remember who were fighting!"

"Less talking, more shooting!" Nate replied as he downed another merc.

Sullivan took the opportunity and ran for the cliff being chased by gunfire as he ran. Nate Noticed where the gunfire was coming from and began to fire at the man with a sniper. First hitting his arm gaining his attention. Then another shot in the leg causing him to stagger back. Finally a shot to the chest putting him down for good.

With the sniper taken care of Sullivan was free to sprint without any bullets flying in his direction. He made his way for the cliff and jumped. Him doing it once before in Borneo was one thing but this was almost worse due to the fact that even as he fell it looked like it was more than a 300 foot drop. Feeling a full 5 seconds of air time, Sully crashed into the water with his arms crossed for a smooth landing as he descended into the water to come rising up and begin swimming for the beach where they left the plane.

Meanwhile Nate was still at the top of the cliff. Now having no one helping him or covering him as the remaining mercenaries' attention was souly on him. Nate decided to finally use the last two grenades that he had and cause a small distraction. He threw one grenade at a pair of two mercs behind a stone wall. You could tell that they instantly knew what happened from the shocked yelps they made followed by a loud 'BOOM' sound right after. That left a total of 12 mercenaries left.

Nate knew that he needed to end this quick if he was going to escape. Noticing the barrels of gunpowder, he knew what his next action would be. 'seriously. Who leaves old barrels of gun powder just lying around an island?... Oh yeah! The Spanish apparently.'

Nate pushed the button on the grenade and it started to glow an evil red as it beeped. He chucked it at the three men on the higher ledge behind cover where the barrels of gun powder were located. After listening to the beeping rise to an almost singular beeping sound the grenade exploded. This itself killing one of the three men but them not knowing what would happen next. This explosion caused a spark that penetrated one of the barrels causing it to explode, which caused another one to explode. Ultimately causing a chain reaction throughout the higher ledge. The force of the 'super explosion' caused the ledge to crack and collapse. Causing the entire ledge to come crashing down onto the poor mercs that were helpless to move out of the way. as the dust was still flying from the chaos, Nate rose from his cover to run over to the cliff. Aware that there were a few bullets still flying in his direction while the remainder of the mercs not affected by the falling ledge were collecting themselves from the aftershock.

He continued running until he was at the very edge of the cliff and with one leap he jumped off towards the 60 foot drop in front of him. As he was in the air he felt a slight ping of pain on the right side of his back and his right arm, but deciding to ignore it for the startling sight below him. Giving off an appropriate "OH HO SHIT!" as he was falling. Unlike Sully however he wasn't preparing for the sudden fall and force of gravity. His momentum caused his body to do an almost 90 degree turn to where he was horizontal. The only thing he could think of to cushion the fall was to throw his left arm in front of his head. Then all he saw was darkness.