⊳ 𝐢. Toni Was Bored...

Start from the beginning

          Don't get Toni wrong; she knew she was privileged. And she knew that she sounded like just another rich girl cliché when she abused her status for drugs and alcohol constantly, going out to party most every night, and hating her parents for simultaneously never being around yet suffocating her too much. Really, it was an overbearing mother and an absentee father. No wonder she had such major daddy issues.

          Toni hadn't always disliked her parents so much. Well, ever since she was a pre-teen and her father missed her twelfth birthday party for a meeting, their relationship had been strained. He was always working and for one day – her birthday – she just wanted her father around but, of course, he didn't show. He never did.

          But her mother was recent. Toni was the spitting image of Eden Alderson when she was a teenager. Long light brunette locks with an addiction to drugs and alcohol, no care for the future, and an attraction to money. Of course, her mother grew out of that when she turned twenty and met her father, Jimmy, who wasn't rich or even close to it. Jimmy Parkinson, radically, changed his name to Alderson because that name meant money whereas Parkinson did not.

          Now, several years into the marriage with a sixteen-year-old girl, Jimmy was never around because he was working constantly while Eden was the stay-at-home mother and leader of a book club. As if her life couldn't look even more cliché.

          But because she was the spitting image of her mother at sixteen, Toni hated how her mother ridiculed her for her actions. Hated how her mother was trying to make her quit even though she still had four more years of fun before her father would make her sober up and be their perfect little Antoinette and it was all because of Finn.

          Finn Patterson, her cousin, was the entire reason her mother was trying to fuck up her life because the idiot became a drug dealer and got caught over summer. Of course, because of the same Patterson mixed with that of Alderson, he got out with just a warning instead of juvie and as now working at his older sister's old diner.

          Toni and Finn used to be close. Born in the same year with a father who didn't care and a stay-at-home mom, both with the pressure of the family name, they had to be close. When she was younger, she would have done anything for Finn, but times changed.

          Because now Finn ruined her life and now she couldn't even stand to look at him or her mother at all really.

          "Oh, Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair," a voice said from below. Toni rolled her eyes and looked down to see her boy toy.

          "You know how to get up here, dumbass," she told Caden, drowning the rest of her whiskey before putting out the joint.

          Incidentally, she had met Caden through Finn, when the two used to be close friends. Caden was the one who actually got her cousin dealing in the first place, though he had to stop after her run in with the law.

          Caden winked at her before climbing in the ladder that was leaning against the house then jumping onto the balcony. Once he balanced himself, she walked up to him and grabbed a handful of his shirt to be bring his closer and kiss him.

          They made up for a minute before they pulled apart and Caden smirked at her. "Just couldn't wait, could you?" he cockily asked her.

          This was the reason why she couldn't stand talking to him for more than a minute. He was just so arrogant and she hated arrogance; it was never a good look. But Toni was bored and desperate and he was the only one she knew that would be willing to come this time of night.